Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Does NEST thermostat ever goes on sale?

We need 2 for our house. Is it worth holding out for a deal? If it rarely goes on sale I'll rather buy it now I guess.

TIA
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Kohls has it on their Black Friday flier - $199.99 down from $249.99, plus get $60 Kohl's Cash. Other offers and coupons do not apply.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Quote Originally Posted by barkley1 View Post
    Kohls has it on their Black Friday flier - $199.99 down from $249.99, plus get $60 Kohl's Cash. Other offers and coupons do not apply.
    Thank you. I've never shopped at Kohl's. Is it only at the stores or it'll be available online too?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

If you know anyone who works at Google--they can buy it for you at a substantial discount.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Thank you. I've never shopped at Kohl's. Is it only at the stores or it'll be available online too?
    Kohls will go live at 12:01CST on Thursday morning (Wednesday night) with their sales. I am working, but hope to be signed in and ready to go at 10pm in California. Kohls online is my only shopping this year (so far) Their prices today are about the same for many things as they will be on BF, it is the additional Kohls cash that makes them good deals.
    Kohls cash is money you use at a future date, usually a week later, for about a weeks duration. So you need to have other things you would purchase from them to make it worthwhile to you.
    mom to Billy 12/07

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OP, utility companies in some areas offer rebates on the Nest. I see your location is Queens so I googled "Nest rebate Queens New York" and it looks like you can get $85 from NYSEG https://nest.com/energy-partners/new-york-state/.

Quote Originally Posted by 3isEnough View Post
    OP, utility companies in some areas offer rebates on the Nest. I see your location is Queens so I googled "Nest rebate Queens New York" and it looks like you can get $85 from NYSEG https://nest.com/energy-partners/new-york-state/.
    Apparently you have to let the utility company control the nest if we were to do this. Since my parent live with me and they tend to feel cold than us this will not work for us. Thank you though.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

For anyone in need of the NEST thermostat it’s $199 in the nest website till November 27. Amazon is $199 too right now.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Costco has it for $170, valid 11/22-11/27.