Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So for those of you whose ds has started, is it just downward strokes? I know I can look at youtube videos, but I'm asking in addition!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I posted about this same issue a year ago. Ds1 is 14 and only has dark hairs on his upper lip. Every once in a while he gets one or 2 on his chin. Someone here recommended these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...dXL&ref=plSrch. He doesn’t have to use them everyday just once in a while. I think the next step will be to get him an electric shaver whenever he seems ready for it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I posted about this same issue a year ago. Ds1 is 14 and only has dark hairs on his upper lip. Every once in a while he gets one or 2 on his chin. Someone here recommended these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...dXL&ref=plSrch. He doesn’t have to use them everyday just once in a while. I think the next step will be to get him an electric shaver whenever he seems ready for it.
    My DS started with these but quickly transitioned to an electric shaver. We got an inexpensive one on amazon and he could probably stand to use it once every week or so. He started at 12 also and is now also getting stray hairs on his chin and "sideburn extensions". I wish he was motivated to keep it shaved!

This is what we have. Wouldn't be good for a man shaving daily but for a young teen just starting out it is perfect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    So for those of you whose ds has started, is it just downward strokes? I know I can look at youtube videos, but I'm asking in addition!
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just downward strokes. DS1 is 14 and DH showed him how to shave last year with a real razor and shave cream (same stuff that DH uses from Dollar Shave Club). It's so little hair that I'm sure it's just 4 or 5 quick downward strokes. It's definitely not an everyday thing and I've never noticed any stubble or afternoon shadow.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    My DS started with these but quickly transitioned to an electric shaver. We got an inexpensive one on amazon and he could probably stand to use it once every week or so. He started at 12 also and is now also getting stray hairs on his chin and "sideburn extensions". I wish he was motivated to keep it shaved!

This is what we have. Wouldn't be good for a man shaving daily but for a young teen just starting out it is perfect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thank you for the recommendation. That might make a good gift for Ds1’s stocking!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post

Thanks, I ordered this.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks, I ordered this.
    Thanks, me too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2