trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default What are good shoe brands for kids?

I have been buying Stride Rite since DD was an infant. Now the closest store is several hours away. I thought Clarks would be good, but our local store closed and now the closest one in an hour away. DD prefer to try on shoes before deciding (I don't blame her, I'm the same way), so buying shoes online isn't an option. So, what's a good shoe brand?TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

New Balance is my favorite. Saucony has been good too. Merrilll for slip ons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We are in the same place with DS2. I really miss the Stride Rite outlet. We actually do still have a Clark's (I think), but selection is generally limited and expensive, though really nice shoes. I have had surprisingly decent luck at Sears finding shoes he likes that hold up well, but it is never the first place I go.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We’ve been doing well lately with Saucony sneakers from Dicks Sporting Goods. They have a couple of colors and styles for $21 and $24 right now on their website. I like to have several pair on rotation due to stinky feet problems so the price is great for us

This could be helpful with us too, we need some as well.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love Amazon and Zappos... Free ship and free returns.i think the only shoes we buy locally are tennis's from Dicks sports. I just take my boys on and have them try a few pair on until they find one they like.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

We have had a lot of local stores close,including Stride Rite so I feel your pain. DD likes to try on first and it's just easier so I don't have to deal with lots of returns, but we have actually had great success with Zappos. We love them. Depending on what we are looking for I will order a bunch of styles and sizes and she shops at home. Whatever she doesn't like or doesn't fit goes back. Easy Peasy. If I have a brand we know and like I will just order it online if I can't find in person. We don't buy shoes too often so this has worked. DD is 7.

We still love Tsukihoshi (many are machine washable and they are great quality). For sporty sandals, one brand we really like is Kamik. We have friends who love Nike, but we haven't gotten any yet. Hope that helps.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What are good shoe brands for kids?

Even though I think OP was asking about brands of shoes rather than online sources, I suspect many of us end up ordering online. The brand I’ve been really happy with for DGD2 (now age 6) is See Kai Run — they wear well and are cute. Ive gotten lots of sneakers (both regular and Mary Jane sneaks) and sandals, and a few "dress" Mary Janes. All have been a big hit with DGD2. SKR is a bit pricey, but who here ever pays full price?

Once I discovered the right size several years ago, I just keep ordering the next size up. One caution: some of the leather MJs run small. After I found the fit comments on the SKR website, I knew which were true to size and which one suggested sizing up.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains