Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: holiday cards

https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Drive-S...de=13234696011

For those that have used Amazon for holiday cards, how is the quality? I like their selection and customization and the price is terrific with the code!

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread!
    Would someone be able to post a link for the Amazon cards? I ordered a set last year (I guess they didn't have the photos printed on, they were just the decorated 5x7 cards with envelopes & addresses, and the photos were separate). But the link from last year's e-mail doesn't work, and I can't seem to find them at all on their website. I'd love to get them with photos printed on this year.

Thanks in advance!
    https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prints...cdf679b557792b

Quote Originally Posted by Club924 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Drive-S...de=13234696011

For those that have used Amazon for holiday cards, how is the quality? I like their selection and customization and the price is terrific with the code!
    I ordered them last year and was pleased. I would order from them again.

Thanks for posting the link! For whatever reason, their site isn't working for me once I get to one of the Holiday Card pages.
    I liked their quality a lot, too! I ordered a set last year and ended up not using them just because I didn't like the picture we had, but they are a great deal, and the paper and photo quality was great!

UPDATE: O.k., I got it to work, but it's kind of wonky. It kept saving multiple copies instead of updating the original; some pictures showed up as working at the beginning, and then didn't appear later on, so I put in different ones to not take chances. Some other glitches, but oh well.
    Last edited by ourbabygirl; 11-25-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mpix.com has cards 1/2 price today only with free shipping over $35. I have been pleased with their picture print quality in the past but have not done cards. An order of 75 came to 50.

I was not impressed by the amazon cards I ordered last year. Using coupons/specials, I ordered from Staples, Tiny Prints and Amazon last year, with Amazon being my least favorite. There is a Groupon for Staples again this year.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you're okay with cheap and easy... Sam's club has 100 cards for $15 this weekend. I ordered 30 for $10 and called the store to see if they printed well, as the preview on my Chromebook was blurry. She said they were great, so I submitted the order of 100. 130 cards for $25 and I can pick them up in a couple hours... seems reasonable. must be (or know!) a member to do it. https://photo.samsclub.com/home.aspx

I've done staples through the groupon and they were nice, but I remember having to go back and forth to my computer at home a ton b/c of something with the ink. Costco was fine too, but we get several of the same cards from friends who go there. I just can't justify spending over a hundred to get ours printed, but I really appreciate those who do!

I'm sold on Amazon. 50 cards shipped for $19 with return address pre-printed on the envelopes. And I discovered that you can alter the layout - I moved around and added photo boxes, and added a text box on the back. At one point, I got an error page and it had a snapfish logo, so I suspect they are snapfish in disguise. (50% off code expires tonight - merrycards50)

For the person asking about Amazon quality - I got their cards last year when they were free. Side by side with my Shutterfly cards last year, they are slightly lighter weight cardstock and they are slightly larger. I don't think anyone I send a card to will notice that they are not as heavyweight as Shutterfly. I have the same pictures on both cards and they look about the same.

For Shutterfly - I figured out the best deal under their current allowed promotions. If you got an email with $25 off and free shipping codes from somewhere like Gymboree, you can get 25 cards that are priced $.95 right now, plus 3 sets of address labels, a bookmark, and 80 prints for around $3. You get 10 free cards with code "preview" (exp 11/26); 1 free card with "card4u"; address labels with "mail" (exp 11/25), applabels (11/27), kohlslabels (12/7).
    free bookmark - happyreading (exp 12/1)
    50 free prints - 5FVE43GJW83 -(12/31)
    30 free prints - prints (12/31)

you can load all of these codes in your account and get everything shipped free with your one free shipping code. If you want to do this deal, search your email for shutterfly - you may be surprised.
    Last edited by candaceb; 11-25-2017 at 08:39 PM.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    If you're okay with cheap and easy... Sam's club has 100 cards for $15 this weekend.
    Thanks for posting. Ordered today and going to pick up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just ordered our holiday cards from Amazon! We shall see! I have been a pretty loyal Shutterfly user (only really because I could usually find a design I liked, and a discount code!), so I guess we'll see how Amazon (Snapfish) stacks up. Super duper cheap compared to what I have paid for Shutterfly in the past. I used photos from our photographer, and unfortunately, when I tried to design a card for my parents using a photo I took, it would not upload clearly. It's clear on my screen, but when it uploads, totally blurry and the colors are muted. So I will probably do theirs at Shutterfly instead. Or maybe Costco!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Walgreens has 60% off all cards through tonight 12 PST if that helps anyone. We've ordered from them in years past and have been pleased.
    K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast