Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Holiday party and Nutcracker dress

I have 2 holiday parties and a Nutcracker ballet performance all in one weekend. Is this dress too matronly? Do the shoes go with the dress? I probably should have sleeves because I am not sure how the different venues will be with regards to heat. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it could be really cute together with the right accessories. I think the short length and the exposed zipper in the back make it non matronly.

I'd probably do a statement necklace or colorful scarf with the dress and maybe bracelets or drop earrings depending on whether your hair is up or down.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Holiday party and Nutcracker dress

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I think it could be really cute together with the right accessories. I think the short length and the exposed zipper in the back make it non matronly.

I'd probably do a statement necklace or colorful scarf with the dress and maybe bracelets or drop earrings depending on whether your hair is up or down.
    Totally agree on all points (well, except a scarf- I don’t think one would go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Totally agree on all points (well, except a scarf- I don’t think one would go).

I think a Pashmina would work. I often wear those because I have several from Pakistan and because they provide extra warmth if needed.

ETA: Meant to say I love the dress and the shoes. (I can't wear shoes like that and envy those who can.)
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Can you link to the dress and shoes as they’re both really cute.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think you can keep it youthful with fun accessories, chunky bracelets/necklace. I would not do a scarf, as it would make it less dressy and honestly a scarf would skew older woman. A scarf for casual is one thing, but not with that dress.

Also, are the parties dressy? Maybe some fun sparkly shoes? Are you wearing the dress to all three events?

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am not a scarf person, so worries there. Yes, this dress will do triple duty!

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Add chunky bracelets and substantial earrings, plus a sparkly wrap and you should be good to go. Alternatively, you could pick up some embellished shoes (maybe something strappy with crystals) or a festive brooch for a bit more sparkle for the holiday parties.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is it a bad sign that fit and flare black dresses scream 'teen crowd' to me and not 'matronly'? Maybe I'm too middle aged
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Dress is fine, like the shoes, but I feel they are too matchy-matchy with that dress. I think silver shoes would be lovely. Or a deep red/burgundy even.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast