ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help me find a dress for DD

Not sure if I might get more help in Mom wear since DD is solidly in adult sizes.

I have finally convinced DD that it would be nice to have something a little dressy to wear heading into the holidays. She has not worn a dress since elementary school. She normally wears skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. I need suggestions of where to look for a reasonably priced dress appropriately conservative/modest for an 8th grader. She is 5'10" and fits a misses small/medium depending on cut. Something that would be cute with tall boots would be a plus. No fancy parties on her calendar, just likely dinners out with family and possible school events.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

No specific recs for a dress, but I usually have luck finding dresses for me and DD at JCPenny's.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Thanks! I will try there. I have not been since they did that massive renovation/change several years ago.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I recently went on a dress hunt for DD. Dress barn actually had several cute options. DD is not into anything that could be considered "cute" or "too girly" and I managed to find several dresses that would work for her.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Target is a good place to look as well, especially if you don't think she's going to wear this too often!

for Sandy Hook

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Target is a good place to look as well, especially if you don't think she's going to wear this too often!

There are some really cute things in the new A New Day line this season, too. I saw a few great tops that would definitely work with boots and dark-wash skinnies if that's what she's comfortable in, plus some sparkly jewelry (I love browsing Target's jewelry myself!) for extra festive fun!

Something like this with a cami, for example, would look great with dark-wash skinnies and black booties!

Or this dress, with black tights and black boots. Dress it up with a long necklace or a statement necklace & skinny belt.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post

There are some really cute things in the new A New Day line this season, too. I saw a few great tops that would definitely work with boots and dark-wash skinnies if that's what she's comfortable in, plus some sparkly jewelry (I love browsing Target's jewelry myself!) for extra festive fun!

Something like this with a cami, for example, would look great with dark-wash skinnies and black booties!

Or this dress, with black tights and black boots. Dress it up with a long necklace or a statement necklace & skinny belt.
    I look like that dress for DD! Hopefully I will get her out shopping this weekend so she can try on some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    I recently went on a dress hunt for DD. Dress barn actually had several cute options. DD is not into anything that could be considered "cute" or "too girly" and I managed to find several dresses that would work for her.
    I just checked and we do have a Dress Barn less than 30 minutes away! I looked with DD online and there were a few we both liked, which is promising.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My eighth grader likes this one a lot:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...e%26slotId%3D1

It doesn't look so short on her!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    My eighth grader likes this one a lot:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...e%26slotId%3D1

It doesn't look so short on her!
    That is cute! Am liking this too from the similar items popping up - https://m.macys.com/shop/product/mat...ext=PDP_ZONE_A