Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What about unbuttoning it some with a tank top under?
    Tuck the front in/ leave the back out?
    Do a tie front, 80s style (trendy again!)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What about unbuttoning it some with a tank top under?
    Tuck the front in/ leave the back out?
    Do a tie front, 80s style (trendy again!)?
    The tie-front scares me, but I'm going to play with the half-tucked.

I actually don't own any tank tops, so I'd have to look for something nice, maybe with a lacy neckline? (pairing super-feminine with a bit more "rugged" style shirt - it's quite boxy, but I think I'd have been stupid not to order the Plus size.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmm. I was thinking a short sleeve pullover poncho type sweater to go on top, letting the flannel peek thru (sleeves, neckline, hem). Kinda like this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a6/47...12760675da.jpg

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Like regular size pearls, chunky ones, or a long (like flapper-style) necklace? That sounds like something fun to try, too.
    She wore regular sized pearls, but chunky ones could go too I think! I'd stick to a shorter length (as opposed to flapper style) and shirt tucked in however you feel most comfortable. I'd steer clear of the vest. I think it wouldn't work and oftentimes does add too much bulk. And stick with the jeans you own and feel comfortable in. Confidence goes a long way to looking good!
    K

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Hmmm. I was thinking a short sleeve pullover poncho type sweater to go on top, letting the flannel peek thru (sleeves, neckline, hem). Kinda like this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a6/47...12760675da.jpg
    I don't know if I could make that work. Ponchos look really sloppy on me and it will be VERY warm in the house with 20-odd people there.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

I love pearls with a flannel, and jeans!
    I like this size, single strand, worn against skin, not outside on shirt.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...-PsvLrhGdkRZM:

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think a black puffer vest is the answer to your accessories question. The putting me together link above is spot on. I would wear a heeled bootie with your boot cut jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I think a black puffer vest is the answer to your accessories question. The putting me together link above is spot on. I would wear a heeled bootie with your boot cut jeans.
    The hostess's house gets VERY warm, which is why I am incredibly reluctant to add another layer, clothing-wise.

I'm going to be 100% honest: "puffer vest" is a scary piece of clothing for me. I have broad shoulders and a full chest right now, along with a sort of short torso, so it can be very hard to find a vest that hits my body in the right places.

I'll give it a try if I manage to go out shopping this weekend. (Oh god; I hate shopping.)

I don't own boots or booties and don't know if I'd wear black for anything but this party, so I don't think it's practical. I'll probably just get black trouser socks and wear my reliable black heels instead. Much less $$.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 12-04-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For what it's worth the Old Navy puffer I linked above is the only one I've found that I like. It's thin and doesn't add much heat or bulk, especially when paired with rolled up shirt sleeves. Worst case scenario you take it off midway through and are still wearing a shirt with cute jewelry if you go that route.

Alternatively you could try a black skirt with the shirt like in the party style in the Putting Me Together link. It would address the heat concern as tights are usually cooler than jeans.
    Last edited by mikala; 12-04-2017 at 05:52 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’m not a vest person at all so keep that in mind...i don’t think that layer is needed nor do I think it’d be flattering.
    I think you’d be better off with cute sneakers. There are a million options. Just go to DSW or somewhere and pick something. I think it’d be better than heels.
    I think we’re all coming at this outfit with our own personal style. You have to figure out how you’ll feel most comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast