mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Help Me Accessorize - Flannel Shirt with Dark-Wash Jeans

I like the top you bought.

A vest may add bulk, depending on tbe cut, try to find one that is tapered at the waist and not too puffy. If you're going it be indoors you will probably be too hot in a vest though.

I have a cute vest from Aeropostale, it's lightweight and not too puffy, but still not for indoors.

A tshirt under for contrast would work, white or cream maybe. I also agree, chunky pearls would look pretty. Or a fun bracelet.

Don't worry about not wearing skinny jeans. I happen to think many women look better in regular jeans/bootcut. I'm pretty small at a size 2/4 but find I look much nicer with a bootcut jean, I find the style of cuffs and booties really make me look wider and heavier. My boyfriend when asked what he thought when I compared bootleg to skinny style said, no comparison. Bootleg was way better. He said honestly the skinny style, although they fit good, did nothing for me, and that I looked much slimmer in the bootcut (which I thought as well, I wanted to be on trend with the whole cuffed jean and bootie style but it's not for me).

Wear the jeans you already have, and you may find you get a lot of use out of the top.

Do you wear hats? Some people can pull off a cute hat to accessorize.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks so much!

The top is a red-and-black check with a shiny silver thread throughout the pattern, similar to the blue one at the link in my original posting. The plaid is very much like the green gingham pattern on the A New Day top from Target that another poster linked.

It's kind of blousey, so I have to figure out a belt or maybe partially tuck it in or something like that.

The event will be indoors; we will have 20 people present. Last year, I was too hot and I was wearing short sleeves, so I'm not really fond of the idea of a vest or even a scarf. I don't have any fun/funky bracelets, but there's time enough to check out the accessories at Target.

I don't typically wear hats, but look good in cloche and other retro styles, but it's the wrong look for this event.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do the front tuck for all my tops, gives definition and shape. Target or Charming Charlie's or Kohls for fun jewelry. I agree, no vest, or other topper.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk