Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Seattle or Vancouver over winter break?

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    Lunch at Il Corvo Pasta! Right by where you will be staying, and the fresh pasta is amazing.

Maybe spend a day over in the Capitol Hill area, get some ice cream at Molly Moon's, enjoy the atmosphere.

Check out the Seattle Underground tours.
    Capitol Hill is a few hours tops. Urban, dirty, street people, urban campers ie homeless, some great food and some pretty neighborhoods with big old Seattle mansions but nothing I would go out of my way to plan for a day. Molly Moon is a local chain and has a Queen Anne Hill shop (Queen Anne is a lovely neighborhood but also getting more crowded and more homeless) and Wallingford shop too.

Underground Tours of Pioneer Square are interesting and a staple for field trips so good for kids. Space Needle is being renovated so not sure observation deck is open, Seattle Center has activities and food and you can take the monorail from downtown right to it and kids like the monorail, Pike Place Market is interesting and they have ghost tours that can be good, University of Washington has a nice campus
    and light rail to it if your teen is thinking of college, ferry to Bainbridge is nice day trip. Great bakeries and food and shops when walk off the ferry. If you do rent a car, can drive on and explore. Entire section of commuters do ferries every morning to the city core. South Lake Union home
    Of amazon and more. Museum of Modern History right on the bank of Lake Union and good food in SLU. Seattle Art Museum downtown , right across from Pike Place Market. But if I was in LA, I would visit Seattle in a different time of year. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 12-09-2017 at 08:26 PM.

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The Chuhuly (sp?) Museum. He's master glass blower and his creations are incredible. The museum is right under the space needle. There is a fantastic playground in the general vicinity of the space needle as well, if the weather is cooperative.

Instead of the space needle, we went up the Columbia Tower. It was less crowded. If I remember correctly, the library is worth a stop. Interesting architecture.

We also took the bus to the lochs. When went we relied on public transportation. I would pass in the return car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3