Default Clothing tricks for arm cast?

DD is 7 yrs old and just broke her arm and has a waterproof cast from her hand to just below her elbow. This is her (and my) first experience with a cast. We live in sunny So. California and fortunately we have been able to wear short sleeves these last couple of days , but it's starting to finally cool down more (yay!)

She has started to care what she wears and has been waiting for it to cool down so she can wear her new, cute long sleeve shirts with flip sequins (they are all the rage where we live). I am concerned she may not get them over her cast or may damage the sleeve trying to get them on (same with l/s pj's, etc.)

Any clothing tips or tricks?

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sadly, much experience here! The first time DGD1 broke her arm, it was right before she was to be a junior bridesmaid. She got a very snazzy cover from https://castcoverz.com and looked very elegant. Since then, we’ve used them several times.... DGD1 insisted on ordering one for me when I broke my wrist and I was the talk of my retirement community!

This doesn’t directly answer your question but it may help when she wears short sleeves (or tucks the long sleeve on the broken arm).

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmm, I've had my fair share of broken arms but they have all been in the summer! Hopefully some one else has good advice.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

When DS1 broke his arm, it was June, and he just wore short sleeve button down shirts. He had a long arm cast though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

DD broke her elbow last year. Her cast went all the way to her armpit, so it was even tougher to dress! We ended up buying some new, cheap shirts in larger sizes to fit over. Even with the larger size the wrists were totally stretched out and ruined, but I’m sure that would depend on the individual cast dimensions. It was fall/winter here in the Northwest, so we also found a few vests (denim, puffy, etc.) for warmth - and variety! She really hated those few shirts when it was all over! We also had to do Halloween with the cast...ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Some of the styles this year seem like they might actually work well over a cast. I've noticed lots of bell sleeves and ponchos.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13