bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default My terrible week (others have it worse)

We have had nonstop car problems this week. Flat tire. Replaced tires. Redid alignment. Need new brakes and expensive engine repair. I'm already broke. DH filled out his corporate CC expense report wrong and paid his card late so there's that. The air is "red" now on airnow.gov. School hasn't been in since Tuesday. I started feeling feverish on Tuesday night and just went in to the doctor today to discover that I have pneumonia. I have nonstop obligations. The kids are so sick of being inside and so stir crazy but being outside in "red" air is not an option. And the cherry on the top of it is the fact that my doctor prescribed a Zpack and some "cough medicine" that didn't have an insert in it (it is a prescription). I followed the directions anyway and am taking it and I'm completely dizzy and out of it, apparently a totally normal side effect. Wish I had known that! DH is taking over some of my obligations tonight so I'm on kid duty and I"m totally loopy.

But as bad as I have it, there are people all around me that have it so much worse. Yesterday I was at a psychiatrist appointment with DS1 and we were discussing the fires all around us with his doctor. This man lost everything. He lost his home and everything in it. And it made me cry to think that as bad as things seem here there are hundreds of people around the county that are in such a worse position and at this very moment there is absolutely nothing I can do to help.

My new resolve is to get my stuff together (health and finances) so I'm never stuck feeling this helpless again. I'm just seriously capable of absolutely nothing right now.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Gosh that’s a ton load. Go to sleep an hang in there!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hugs. Youve had it rough; give yourself some love.

There always is someone who has it worse. That doesn't mean your trials are any less significant.

Having a plan to do things differently is a great attitude. But make sure to take care of yourself, too. Get some rest and let the world spin without you for a while.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Sending PT&P your way. You are dealing with a lot of challenges right now and have a very admirable attitude about it. I hope life eases up for you soon!
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hope you feel better soon and everything else settles down!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh man, that is a lot. And then pneumonia on top of it. I’m sorry. Why is it at this time of year it just feels like it can all pile on so fast? I’ll say prayers for you and I’m still saying prayers for all those people struggling from the fires.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you all so much. The good news is that my health feels like it’s improving with rest and antibiotics. All other things seem to be getting worse. We see a way out but this definitely feels like some kind of cosmic test. I appreciate all the words of encouragement and prayers.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry to hear everything is piling up right now. Hope things get back on track soon.

I’m so sorry you’re going through all that! Of course there’s always someone who has it worse, but that doesn’t mean you can’t feel bad about your own woes. They’re real and upsetting! I hope you’re feeling better soon and that you can find the support you need to help you through. Hugs to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains