Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Legoland in Florida

We're able to use our cc points to pay for flights in full to Florida over president weekends. That just leaves the hotel and food to pay in cash, looked into the Legoland hotel but it was pricey for just 4 nights though! we're heading to Mexico over spring break next month so trying not to go too crazy for this trip.

Any hotel recs nearby Legoland??
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't think you'd want 4 days at Legoland. One day is fine, and maybe 2 if you do the waterpark during the season it's open. I can't imagine 4 days there.

Hotels nearby look pretty yucky, but the Legoland Beach Resort is awesome and adorable. DC and I went for a night this past august and found a AAA rate to get a discount. Much cheaper than the hotel, but it still came with breakfast buffet...and there was a free kids meal with adult meal thing going on also.

If you wanted to do a day there and a few days at Disney, I could see that, but 4 days there would be overkill IMO.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was thinking the same thing. 4 days is too many for Legoland. No hotel recs though- sorry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went to Legoland in May with DS who was then 6 and Lego crazy. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The worst part was the heat and lack of shade and A/C. So different than Disney in that regard. The food was awful and overpriced even in comparison to Disney.

We found discount tickets for Legoland through the disboards. It is nowhere near being worth full price.

I would stay at an Orlando area hotel with a cool pool and do one day in Legoland, one hotel day, one day at Kennedy Space Center, and maybe Gatorland.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sea World would be good too. We loved the Kennedy Space Center.

Legoland in San Diego is one day or two with waterpark tops and sounds like Orlando is the same. I would stay where you could do something else too, Disney or museums? No Sea World for us after Blackfish and other news articles on how the fish and mammals respond to captivity and their practices. But maybe other things to do - is universal and Harry Potter within visiting distance?

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    We went to Legoland in May with DS who was then 6 and Lego crazy. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The worst part was the heat and lack of shade and A/C. So different than Disney in that regard. The food was awful and overpriced even in comparison to Disney.

We found discount tickets for Legoland through the disboards. It is nowhere near being worth full price.

I would stay at an Orlando area hotel with a cool pool and do one day in Legoland, one hotel day, one day at Kennedy Space Center, and maybe Gatorland.
    This, we went there the first year they opened, so the hotel wasn't built yet. We were staying at a WDW resort and it wasn't a bad drive. We love LEGO, but legoland doesn't come close to disney, I thought that one day was enough. If your children are old enough to sign up for some of the workshops, make sure you sign up for a spot as soon as you get there. I thought that was the best part, but I can't remember the ages for the workshops, it was basically an opportunity to use their lego robotics programming.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post

I would stay at an Orlando area hotel with a cool pool and do one day in Legoland, one hotel day, one day at Kennedy Space Center, and maybe Gatorland sounds like a good plan.
    I should have looked into the exact area Legoland was at. I thought it was in the immediate proximity of disneyworld! Your plan of doing one day in Legoland, one day at Kennedy space center (DS1 would love that!) and I'll look into Gatorland.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Legoland in San Diego is one day or two with waterpark tops and sounds like Orlando is the same. I would stay where you could do something else too, Disney or museums? No Sea World for us after Blackfish and other news articles on how the fish and mammals respond to captivity and their practices. But maybe other things to do - is universal and Harry Potter within visiting distance?

Im not interested in doing Seaworld for the same reasons you've cited too. The boys are too young for universal and HP, and it'll be a solo trip to Universal/HP over Jersey week in November when they're older to appreciate it. As it is, ds2 still isn't meeting many ride height restrictions requirement of 44" or taller. My other thought was maybe base ourselves in Tampa since it seems to be more things to do there?? and drive to Legoland for a day which is only an hour drive from Tampa. I'll look into Orlando area first....thanks!
    Last edited by DualvansMommy; 12-17-2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling fixes
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Tampa has the Florida Aquarium which is very nice. When we went to Florida a few years ago, we flew into Tampa because it was cheaper and went to the Florida Aquarium. We stayed overnight in Tampa and then went to Legoland the next day. Then we moved on to Disney and stayed the rest of our week there.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah, if you have little ones, legoland, Florida Aquarium, even Clearwater Marin aquarium after you watch Dolphin Tale. We also like the smallness of Lowry Park Zoo. I like the idea of a winter getaway to FL. It's so much more pleasant that snowy areas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast