Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Basing yourself in Tampa, you have the ocean as well, it may not be swimming in the ocean weather, but still fun to go to playgrounds at the beach over in St. Pete.

Thanks! the more I looked online between Orlando and Tampa, we've decided on Tampa since we've never been to that city. Lots to do, thanks to pp who have suggested places.

Now onto hotels....I really prefer to go with a hotel like residence inn, Homewood suites, etc cuz of flexibility with bedrooms and a living room for us to hang out. Gonna look at some tomorrow, but my head was spinning just from flight logistics and looking for activities. Any true and tried places centrally located to Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, and Busch Gardens.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know you've moved onto hotels, but just wanted to talk a minute more about Legoland.

While DH & I were underwhelmed with Legoland in Florida, our kids loved it when we went 3 years ago. We did a big Disney/Legoland/Universal (DS & DH only) trip, and Legoland was the thing they talked about the most afterwards. We went to the one in California this year, and even DDS still loved it. We were there from rope drop until park close both times.

I would suggest heading towards the back of the park for the driving school early, just because lines can form due to the nature of the ride.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Thanks! the more I looked online between Orlando and Tampa, we've decided on Tampa since we've never been to that city. Lots to do, thanks to pp who have suggested places.

Now onto hotels....I really prefer to go with a hotel like residence inn, Homewood suites, etc cuz of flexibility with bedrooms and a living room for us to hang out. Gonna look at some tomorrow, but my head was spinning just from flight logistics and looking for activities. Any true and tried places centrally located to Florida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, and Busch Gardens.
    Do you want to be in Tampa or across the bay in St. Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Do you want to be in Tampa or across the bay in St. Pete?
    We’re not particular since we’ll have a car rental. It’s only 15 mins between those two places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2