hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Recommend a travel destination

We'd like to go on a family vacation last week of June or in early to 3rd week of July for a week. We'd like a resort type of place (beaches/pools). A condo is fine. Airfare is not a super issue as we have millions of miles to burn (really) but cost of the location is something I am trying to keep low. Drive time from airport is ideally less than 2 hours. Here is what I've found so far. For a condo rental I'd like a 2 bedroom.

Mexico all inclusive $3500

Condo in Florida (sandestin) $2300 plus a car rental and food and it appears it is hard to get there as no major airports are close

Lake cottage (very informal) in NH (driving for us no airfare) $3300 plus food

Disney and stay at Bonnet Creek ~ $3k (including 4 or 5 days of park tickets) plus food and I'm thinking we'd also need a car rental

Any other suggestions?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Amelia island (FL) - Omni has hotel and villas

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Grand Cayman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was also going to say Amelia island. quick drive from the Jacksonville airport. There are also condo's on sites like VRBO.

One that I've been considering because of the Ft. Myers airport is Sanibel/Captiva area, but don't know the current situation following recent hurricanes. Anybody know?

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Recommend a travel destination

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    I was also going to say Amelia island. quick drive from the Jacksonville airport. There are also condo's on sites like VRBO.

One that I've been considering because of the Ft. Myers airport is Sanibel/Captiva area, but don't know the current situation following recent hurricanes. Anybody know?
    Don’t know current situation but definitely recommend Sanibel and Captiva! Gorgeous, charming, and relaxing.

If you have plenty of miles, a Canadian destination may be nice too - Victoria/Banff or PEI (my personal favorite!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Could you fly into Panama City Beach for Sandestin? We have gone to PCB a lot with extended family (9 total), and that airport seems pretty easy? About an hour from Sandestin.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by umsh View Post
    Don’t know current situation but definitely recommend Sanibel and Captiva! Gorgeous, charming, and relaxing.

If you have plenty of miles, a Canadian destination may be nice too - Victoria/Banff or PEI (my personal favorite!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our friends who have a condo on the beach in Sanibel had no damage. The pictures are gorgeous there.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Could you fly into Panama City Beach for Sandestin? We have gone to PCB a lot with extended family (9 total), and that airport seems pretty easy? About an hour from Sandestin.
    Not direct and really we only want to fly direct. I’ve checked and the closest seems like it is New Orleans. It is a 4 hour drive and hotels there are expensive so I am leaning away from Sandestin (sad).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about South Carolina? Someplace like Kiawah Island?
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hilton Head? I went there several years ago with my family, and it was low key but nice. I think others have more HH info. Nearest airport is Savannah, about 45 min from HH, if I remember right. JetBlue now offers nonstop from BOS but not PVD.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains