Thread: Man flu

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Man flu

I was sick all last week, still went to work, still took care of DS’s after school activities, and I even went to DHs work Christmas party in Vegas and stayed out until 1:30am. DH now has it, and he is miserable and complaining, yet he won’t take medication at regular times, he doesn’t have a fever, he won’t eat - well you’re going to keep feeling crappy until you take medicine and eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My dh is so so so like this. Right now both kids are sick and while I hope I don’t get sick I REALLY hope dh doesn’t. Hang in there!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OMG yes.
    DS had a stomach bug yesterday and while I'm sure we are all going to get it and I REALLY don't want it, I am POSITIVE I don't want DH to have it.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I saw a news article last week about some studies that have been done proving that the 'man flu' is real. Of course, it was a male researcher who conducted the study...
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I was sick all last week, still went to work, still took care of DS’s after school activities, and I even went to DHs work Christmas party in Vegas and stayed out until 1:30am. DH now has it, and he is miserable and complaining, yet he won’t take medication at regular times, he doesn’t have a fever, he won’t eat - well you’re going to keep feeling crappy until you take medicine and eat.

If he is well enough not to take medicine, then he is well enough to run (what I am sure is) the long list of errands that need to be done before the weekend. Otherwise, he needs to be working from home and churning out the hours.

Good luck!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Man flu

So he was really sick, I think with the flu since Monday. DS got it Wednesday. Today I had to go finish Christmas shopping, start grocery shopping for Christmas dinners, pick up DS’s birthday cake and DH tells me I need to take MILs present to post office. He’s had it since Thanksgiving and didn’t send it. I’m walking out the door and he tells me this, plus still has to wrap it, put it in shipping box etc. and entire time he’s sighing and complaining, which I just don’t have time for. I could’ve sent it anytime this week. I get home several hours later because it’s the mall at Christmas, and he and DS didn’t get themselves anything to eat. I know you’ve been sick, I know you’re still recovering, but I would’ve been expected to make dinner much sooner than this. I’m just ignoring the sighing now every time he gets up from couch as things have to get done if he wants to host friends or I’m cancelling Christmas dinner.

Last edited by niccig; 12-23-2017 at 04:08 AM.