Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    Yes, roaches. The BIL I like got fed up and stopped hosting 8 years ago. That was after his house ended up with roaches when they traveled inside cardboard boxes MIL/FIL used to bring items to his house.

Then there was the meal 7 years ago I think where MIL cooked something in the oven at her house in the crock portion of a slow cooker. Brings it to the community room at grandma's senior living facility and plugs in the slow cooker. Swarm of roaches come running out over the table when it starts to warm up. They were inside the walls of the slow cooker. MIL response? "Oh, I thought the slow cooker was from a safer area."

Once a year is plenty for the whole crew. They'll whine at each other not being supportive. But our family and MIL/FIL are the only ones to make the wedding and three graduations that have happened in the past four years. I smile a lot and take notes to gripe about with DH to entertain ourselves on the drive home.
    OMG! That is well beyond a little roach problem. Their house must be crawling in them. WTF?

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    Yes, roaches. The BIL I like got fed up and stopped hosting 8 years ago. That was after his house ended up with roaches when they traveled inside cardboard boxes MIL/FIL used to bring items to his house.

Then there was the meal 7 years ago I think where MIL cooked something in the oven at her house in the crock portion of a slow cooker. Brings it to the community room at grandma's senior living facility and plugs in the slow cooker. Swarm of roaches come running out over the table when it starts to warm up. They were inside the walls of the slow cooker. MIL response? "Oh, I thought the slow cooker was from a safer area."
    oh my god.... . I can't even imagine going there. yikes, how is it possible to live with roaches for decades and not take care of the sitation??? I'm sorry you guys have to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2