Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Well this should be fun to explain to ds

DS and one of his good friends (also our neighbor) both wrote that they wanted a pet cat on their Santa lists st school (the fact that they wrote Santa lists in school could be its own BP...). Anyway, DS is not getting a pet cat. But, guess who IS getting a pet cat? His friend.
    We already went the rounds with him about why we couldn't get a dog when this friend got a dog about a year ago. Only then it didn't involve this fake man who supposedly rewards kids for good behavior by bringing them what they ask him for.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

We say Santa doesn't break mom and dad's rules.

This happened in our group of friends years before we had our own kids. They both wanted puppies. They didn't live close to each other, but we all got together a lot socially. One set told their kids Santa doesn't bring live animals which I felt was silly because lots of people do give animals from santa. Then, of course, they learned the other friends where going to give their kid a puppy from Santa. I think it worked itself out in the non-puppy kids received something amazing and weren't disappointed on Christmas, but that's when DH and I said if we ever had kids, we would take the road of if it is not something mom or dad would allow, Santa wants no part of it.
    Last edited by specialp; 12-23-2017 at 08:35 AM.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    We say Santa doesn't break mom and dad's rules.
    This is how we explained it when my DC wanted to ask for iPads and a dog.

We've always said Santa knows Mom and Dad's rules. And lots of conversations about different rules at different homes.

I did hear a Santa at a shopping area we visit tell a child he required a "live animal permission slip" from parents.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We also go with Santa doesnt bring things parents dont want. We also do not tie to behavior in any way. Poor kids who get less or who need donations are not bad kwim?

Santa knows that mom is allergic to cats. Right????
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I’ve always told my kids that Santa does not bring pets ! I have never been a Fan of giving animals as gifts.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    We also go with Santa doesnt bring things parents dont want. We also do not tie to behavior in any way. Poor kids who get less or who need donations are not bad kwim?
    I hate that aspect of Santa too and we don't reinforce it. Sadly, society does. And so does my extended family.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    We skip the good vs bad as well for this same reason.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We skip the good vs bad as well for this same reason.
    Same. Plus why we don’t do the whole Elf on the Shelf either. Santa doesn’t need a spy to see your behavior since we don’t care about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast