Thread: You can ask

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default You can ask

Me where things go. My younger sister is staying for the holidays and she will not ask me anything, as that would mean she doesn’t know something and can’t admit that to her older sister. She’s been putting the dishes away, and won’t ask where something goes or leave it on the countertop for me to put away. It’s now a hide and seek game as I’m cooking to find a utensil, pot or pan. I went to get a trash bag from the drawer and found the rolling pin on top of the bags. Just ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

oh gawd, not this sh** show again.I still remember her not getting driving directions from you, etc. sigh......
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Oh my gosh, you remember the driving directions fiasco. Yes, nothing has changed! Well, what’s changed is that I’m not even saying anything to her. I’m just waiting for the 27th and venting here!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I hope some of it gets to the right spots!

We stay at my ILs every summer and I empty the dishwasher and help clean up dinner a few times while there. I know where quite a few things go, but I just leave the rest for her and let her know when she comes in that I didn't know. I can't imagine hiding it from her
    Kris

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    oh gawd, not this sh** show again.I still remember her not getting driving directions from you, etc. sigh......
    I remember this, too.

Good lord with the rolling pin on the trash bags. Because that's the obvious place for it. I know that's where I keep mine.

I'm with ya on just leave it. My MIL likes to be helpful and empty our dishwasher sometimes, but it's always when we are out to dinner or something and she's babysitting, so we aren't there for her to ask. I play musical dishes every time I open a cabinet or drawer and find a surprise. Never a rolling pin on the trash bags, though.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Default You can ask

She was putting away the dishes and as she went to put something in the wrong place, I said, “Oh that goes here” and showed her where to put it. I probably shouldn’t complain as she is helping this visit. Last year at Thanksgiving she said she’d help, but was on her computer/Phone the entire time. This trip I didn’t expect any help and got more than expected, but less than what she said she’d do. It’s the “I’ll be back in a minute” and 25 mins later she’s back and I’ve already finished whatever I was doing.

Last edited by niccig; 12-25-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Default You can ask

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I hope some of it gets to the right spots!

We stay at my ILs every summer and I empty the dishwasher and help clean up dinner a few times while there. I know where quite a few things go, but I just leave the rest for her and let her know when she comes in that I didn't know. I can't imagine hiding it from her
    Yeah I don’t get just putting it anywhere. I’m eventually going to find the rolling pin on top of the trash bags and know it doesn’t belong there.

It’s a small vent in big scheme of family drama at the holidays. I was trying to get a lot done in the kitchen and it messes with the cooking flow to hunt for things that weren’t put away.

Last edited by niccig; 12-25-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Default You can ask

And I snapped. I was just putting up with the hide and seek game every time I cooked to find a utensil, but it just popped out. I have 2 cake servers and a flat palate knife that I also use for cakes and pies. 3 utensils to use and I couldn’t find 1. So I’m looking in every drawer and can’t find them and I ask her where they are. She comes over and finds them and I asked her to please either ask where to put something or just leave it on the counter. She got all snooty with me and tried to explain why she thought that was where they belong. Seriously, it’s not your kitchen, just ask or leave it out. So I’m now expecting pouting and she probably won’t do the dishes for rest of the visit.

Last edited by niccig; 12-27-2017 at 03:19 AM.