trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default How hard is it to RSVP?!

DD’s birthday party is less than a week away and I haven’t heard from over half of the people we invited. I assume the ones I haven’t heard from aren’t coming, so I will plan accordingly. But gosh, I’m going to feel bad if they do show. This happens every time we have a birthday party. I swear, this is the last one! Ok, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm with you and you have my sympathy!!! When DD was little I handed out 18 invitations to her entire daycare class.....and got exactly 0 RSVPs by the date I requested (a week before the party). Within a few days of the party, 3 people had RSVPed. Never heard a thing from the rest. I wasn't mad at all they couldn't come but I was beyond frustrated they couldn't bother to email or call or text (as I gave all three options!). It's so frustrating and rude.
    Lizi

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This has always been a big pet peeve of mine. It takes 30 seconds to email/text someone to RSVP.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

It’s a huge pet peeve of mine, too, but the last three parties, I’ve been that mom!!! I lost track! I just had too much on my plate, so I did reply, but like the day or two right before the party. In both cases I apologized and asked if my child could still go and explained that I completely understood if it was too late, but still. I felt terrible. It’s really not that hard to respond!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Drives me crazy too! I remember posting about the same thing here several times before, lol. Argh! I just usually plan enough treats for all invited and goody bags in case all show up or siblings show up with guest unexpectedly.

Hope she has a great party!
    K

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m convinced people that don’t RSVP have never hosted a party. It takes no time and is just the polite thing to do. I recently hosted a family party for some friends who are moving away. While most people did RSVP in advance, the day of I was receiving texts from people asking to bring other people with them, several families who said 3 of them were coming then showed up with 4 or 5, one family that was a maybe then never got a yes or no from them. It was a catered event so numbers really mattered. Thankfully we had enough food but it was stressful for me to see all these people I wasn’t expecting walk through the door.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate calling someone to RSVP, but I will do it if that's the only option listed on the invitation.

What bugs me is that people in my area confuse "RSVP" with "regrets only."
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do not assume that no RSVP means they are not coming... We had a family not RSVP and arrive almost two hours late to a preschool age birthday party. Everyone else was getting ready to leave. They are sweet family, but DC was done and it became a strange little "after party"... That is when I learned to push for RSVP's even if it means tracking down the families and calling multiple times ...

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's not hard, but add in that the invite is most likely at the bottom of the pile/lost in hundreds of emails with it being the holidays. I had a friend with a kid with a Dec. Birthday, they had parties in June instead.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk