Default Has anyone been on a European Disney Cruise?

Has anyone been on a Disney Cruise in Europe? Did you and your family enjoy it? Would you do it again? Which one did you take?

Mods: I understand if this must be moved. I wasn’t sure if I should put it in thr Disney forum or the everything but Disney since I’m asking about Disney Cruises in Europe.

We have not. If we took a Disney cruise it would not be Europe. European cruises are very port intensive so you don’t spend nearly as much time hanging around on the ship. Because of this, it doesn’t matter so much what ship you are on. I would choose based on itinerary rather than ship and save Disney for a time I would be using the ship enough to justify the $$$$. Though if you like the itinerary and budget is not an issue then I can’t think of any other major reasons not to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My friends did it and really enjoyed it. I’d offer to get more info from her but she’s truly terrible with turn around time on that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did in 2010. Our older kids were 3 and 5. We did the 12 night northern Baltic and Russia itinerary on the Magic. We got an AMAZING deal; we were military stationed in Europe at the time and with the military discount it was under $5k for my family of 4.
    It was an awesome trip- Disney just does it right and even after 12 nights I could have stayed on the boat! It was not a full ship so nothing was crazy crowded.
    Cruise critic was helpful in planning port activities. We did not bring our children off the ship in Russia- they stayed in the kids club while we did a privately arranged small group tour during the daytime over 2 days.
    We loved it!

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did not do the Mediterranean, but a Transatlantic from Barcelona and loved it. I agree that Med cruises (and probably Baltic) cruises are very port intensive so you miss out on a lot of the on board Disney experience. I loved the 14 day transatlantic on Disney, so much to do on the ship, and no rush to see all the characters.
    mom to Billy 12/07

waver is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Several years ago, we went on a 7 day to Norway with our extended family and friends. Our kids ranged from 4-13. It was absolutely perfect for us, as we love exploring the ports. I loved that the ship docked right at a picturesque colorful village or small town, in extremely scenic locations (like at the end of a fjord). I have heard that the Med Cruise ports tend to be in industrial type ports so passengers will need to shuttle into town, which can sometimes be quite far away. Our group wasn't interested in having to shuttle for the ports. Most of our ports had a walking right off the boat into a lovely town. Copenhagen (where we started and ended), was a more industrial port, far from city center. But we arrived 3 days earlier to explore this beautiful city.

We did beautiful hikes, kayaking, biking. We had a couple private bus and boat tours. Some of the adults would run in the hills in the afternoon before returning.

It was a colder cruise...we brought ski jackets. There was no wait for the Aqua Duck!

Even though we had heard about great cuisine, the Disney Magic food was not good, my only complaint about the cruise, and we aren't foodie people. I even liked dorm food in college! One benefit is that there was no way we would over eat. The kids loved the food, though. My only regret is that we didn't link a second cruise, which was a Baltic cruise to St. Petersburg. I thought we would be tired out, but the cruise was so relaxing even though we were traveling every day. For us, the activities on the ship were enough for us (though we were out on Port days). We mostly like to go out and explore. When the kids are older, we may look into Med or Greek Islands.