Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Good luck...hopefully common sense prevails.
    So I was talking w my chief last night and I sort of mentioned that I wasn’t happy with administration’s decisions re: the storm. He said yeah, I got an email from [chief medical officer] but I just explained you lived far away and can’t be stuck in this offsite clinic with no food, beds, showers, etc. So I guess CMO did report me but reported me to my chief who always has my back anyway.

This morning my chief and I met for our normal monthly meeting with admin. CMO wasn’t there but the person who attended for the CMO said they were working on a revised policy to deal with storms and that they now realize that “everyone is open all the time” is not the right policy. It still remains to be seen whether they are just placating for the time being, but I feel better about it now.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Good update!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Great update!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Updated: you are out of your mind

I'm glad it seems to be working out. I'm a nurse so I get the whole "we stay open" mentality. But you (general you) kind of lose your moral high ground when you also cancel the clinic at the "whim" of the doctors. You either stay open or you don't. If you can easily close if a doctor can't make it for whatever reason, you can close for a huge snow storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    So I was talking w my chief last night and I sort of mentioned that I wasn’t happy with administration’s decisions re: the storm. He said yeah, I got an email from [chief medical officer] but I just explained you lived far away and can’t be stuck in this offsite clinic with no food, beds, showers, etc. So I guess CMO did report me but reported me to my chief who always has my back anyway.

This morning my chief and I met for our normal monthly meeting with admin. CMO wasn’t there but the person who attended for the CMO said they were working on a revised policy to deal with storms and that they now realize that “everyone is open all the time” is not the right policy. It still remains to be seen whether they are just placating for the time being, but I feel better about it now.
    Great update and I'm glad that the chief had your back. I am housed out of a physician office and we have been expecting really bad weather starting around lunch time. They announced yesterday that the physician practices would close at 2pm today. Totally reminded me of this thread.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4