sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Great Wolf Lodge question

If I take my 7yo and 2yo, by ourselves, will it work or will my 2yo (almost 3) be too little? I can try to recruit another family to join us, possibly, but if not, I am not sure what to expect.. My 7yo loves water parks and slides, but she does sometimes need a parent to go with her, or check it out first.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think it would be hard for one adult to manage two children that young. You'd be really limited in what you can do. It's also very busy, loud, and can be crowded. I'd be a stressed out mess trying to keep track of two kids by myself. Could you recruit a friend or babysitter to go with you?

I've taken my three boys by myself, but my oldest (15) can do rides with one while I do something else with their brother.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

You need another adult if your 7 year old wants to do water slides.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Can you invite a high school/college kids/niece or nephew/single friend who may be able to join you? We did that when we took 3 young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were just there last night with our almost 4 year old and our 5 month old. There is plenty of stuff for your little one to do, but I personally would want to have someone watching the 7 year old on the slides more closely than I would be able to if watching a toddler. Though I did see some kids that age doing slides on their own. You have to walk up a lot of stairs (like 70 steps) to get to the slide entrances, so you will probably not want to take the little one up and down that too many times. If you had said your 7 year old would be happy in the wave pool, lazy river, and kiddie slides I would have said it would be fairly easy to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Thanks everyone! That's great info. I'll have to come up with a good plan.. I'd really like to take my kids, but sounds like we need another adult.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When you say ourselves do you have another adult (spouse /significant other) or are you referring to you and the two kids. It also depends in how independent your 7 year old is and how comfortable you are letting them swim etc on their own.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think it depends on a couple of things: 1) how busy/crowded it will be 2) how adventurous your older child is and 3) how paranoid you are about keeping your eyes on your older one. I went without DH when girls were 9 and DS was 3. It was stressful but not a dealbreaker, they all had fun.
    We go in March on a weekday when it’s really quiet. The park was almost empty when we first got there. So it was pretty easy to keep track of all three. There is lots that both kids could do, it’s just the big slides that would be tricky.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If I remember correctly, my 7 year old (at the time) was not tall enough to ride the water slides on his own, he had an arm band that required him to have an adult with him. Definitely check the height requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    When you say ourselves do you have another adult (spouse /significant other) or are you referring to you and the two kids. It also depends in how independent your 7 year old is and how comfortable you are letting them swim etc on their own.
    Just me and my kids. My 7yo is epileptic so no swimming alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I think it depends on a couple of things: 1) how busy/crowded it will be 2) how adventurous your older child is and 3) how paranoid you are about keeping your eyes on your older one. I went without DH when girls were 9 and DS was 3. It was stressful but not a dealbreaker, they all had fun.
    We go in March on a weekday when it’s really quiet. The park was almost empty when we first got there. So it was pretty easy to keep track of all three. There is lots that both kids could do, it’s just the big slides that would be tricky.
    That's good to hear it can be slow at times. My oldest has epilepsy, so I definitely have to watch her closely/be in the water with her. But I have had her go on smaller waterslides before and I waited at the bottom in the pool where the slide ended.

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    If I remember correctly, my 7 year old (at the time) was not tall enough to ride the water slides on his own, he had an arm band that required him to have an adult with him. Definitely check the height requirements.
    That is good to know too. Sounds like it'll be better if we bring another family.