Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Our neighborhood page would not allow an actual GS cookie selling page either and honestly, it would be super annoying. And potential for a dozen more if she left it up. Ours still has items for sale and people looking for items, but not actual sale pages. Our admin contacts people vi message usually if they post something not allowed vs publicly. I don’t think it is religiously based or hypocritical since the admin posted about cookies on her own page, not the neighborhood page. I’m sorry you feel disconnected but try to not take this personally or read more into it than there is - the no sale page is totally what the rule is on every neighborhood board I’ve seen, even our local buy sell group (on that you can post an item but not a sale page for your products). Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes to this. I know this is the *itching post, so feel free to vent away. I don’t think this was a personal affront or insult. The administrator posted about her DD selling cookies on her personal FB page, not the neighborhood group page. If she had posted on the neighborhood group page and then removed or blocked yours, that would be a different story. I would not take this personally and just see it as the administrator keeping the rules in check.

As for the FB like, I wouldn’t read into that either. The liker is just liking the posting rules reminder. People like things on FB all the time.

I’m sorry you feel hurt by this. Hopefully you can see it from a less personal perspective.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Sorry it went down so badly. I'd leave it. There are lots of likes that just happen - I know I'm guilty of hovering and not noticing what I did.

Our neighborhood/school group would not let a cookie sale note stay up either. Yes, there is a level of garage sale to some of the posts, but individual fundraising is different. There are so many girls selling cookies.

But I will say, personal page away!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post

2nd, some people 'like' FB posts all the time w/o reading them properly. I have a good friend wh 'liked' her friend's post about her mother dying..... to this day, a year later, she STILL feels horrible about it and talks about it. It happens. So yes, it might be a personal slight, but it also might not.

I'm sorry you're feeling disconnected.
    Your story just reminded me! After my daughter died I wrote a Facebook post to let people know she had passed away and one of my friends accidentally posted some random YOLO (you only live once) meme. She couldn't figure out how to delete and apologized profusely, but honestly DH and I cracked over it and we still bring it up sometimes and laugh over it.

OP, I'm LDS and I'm sorry that you don't feel accepted by your neighbors. There are definitely catty women and hypocritical people in the LDS church. My neighborhood in Utah is about 1/2 LDS and 1/2 not and I try really hard to seek out friendships outside the church but I still worry about being seen as unaccepting of others. My son's best friend isn't LDS and we have established a good relationship with their family. But, I know I've offended some neighbors over thinks like turning down party invites on Sunday and asking a child not to use profane language in my house.
    Anyway, I'm sorry you're feeling like you are unaccepted by your community, it's a really hard feeling to deal with.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 01-15-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I know I've offended some neighbors over thinks like turning down party invites on Sunday and asking a child not to use profane language in my house.
    Wow, really? People got offended because of this? I think they're the ones with the problem not you. Turning down a party invite and asking a kid not to swear in your house is totally fine if you ask me!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Wow, really? People got offended because of this? I think they're the ones with the problem not you. Turning down a party invite and asking a kid not to swear in your house is totally fine if you ask me!
    I was going to write the same thing!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Your story just reminded me! After my daughter died I wrote a Facebook post to let people know she had passed away and one of my friends accidentally posted some random YOLO (you only live once) meme. She couldn't figure out how to delete and apologized profusely, but honestly DH and I cracked over it and we still bring it up sometimes and laugh over it.

OP, I'm LDS and I'm sorry that you don't feel accepted by your neighbors. There are definitely catty women and hypocritical people in the LDS church. My neighborhood in Utah is about 1/2 LDS and 1/2 not and I try really hard to seek out friendships outside the church but I still worry about being seen as unaccepting of others. My son's best friend isn't LDS and we have established a good relationship with their family. But, I know I've offended some neighbors over thinks like turning down party invites on Sunday and asking a child not to use profane language in my house.
    Anyway, I'm sorry you're feeling like you are unaccepted by your community, it's a really hard feeling to deal with.
    Thank you for your perspective. I wrote about the LDS aspect of it because I think I may be encroaching on her selling connections I grew up in Utah so I've always had friends/neighbors and now relatives that are LDS. Honestly, I think it is very hard to have a social connection out in the burbs when you aren't LDS because there is such a vibrant social life in the LDS faith so it is harder to reach beyond it given our modern life constraints so I applaud the efforts you make. I think my area, however, has a small subsection of women that are a bit too insular and don't want to associate with us because we aren't LDS. The problem is that they are the ones that have kids DD's age. Most of the neighbors in the area do try very hard to be inclusive with neighborhood and Ward activities which we try to attend as our schedule permits.

I wouldn't want a child or adult using profane language in my house either!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2