Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby Names

Default Baby Names

We are nearing the end of our pregnancy and cannot come up with names on our own. We do not know what we are having, so we need a boy and girl name. We are open to traditional, modern, trendy, international, you name it (pun intended, ha)! Please list your favorite names.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So no staring letters you want to avoid for initial purposes or otherwise? Do you need first & middle or is middle already set?

Any starting initial is fine, and we have no middle names either.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Each of my 4 boys have a family middle name but I have a Logan Connor Nathan and Jackson. I like the traditional spellings of names vs unique / quirky spellings I've had to spell my name all my life ( Jeana said like Gina). Boys. Lucian / Luca Lawton because Law is a kickass nick name Reuben Brock Shane Gideon Bennett Quinn Evan Ross Duncan Cole Rhys Gabriel
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Baby Names

Congrats on not finding out the sex of the baby! Such a hard thing to do, but I am so glad we didn’t find out the sex either.

Boy:
    Carter
    Ethan (pick for Dd1had she been a boy)
    Ian (pick had DD2 been a boy)
    Jacob
    Justin
    Joshua
    Kevin
    Logan
    Max (just Max (not Maximus, Maxwell or Maximilian)....my all time favorite boy name; but I never considered it because I knew 3 other baby boys named Max the year I was pregnant w/Dd1 )
    Nathan
    Nicholas
    Taylor

Girl:
    Abigail
    Angela
    Audrey
    Beverly
    Carmen
    Carter
    Danica
    Elisa (pronounced Ah leesa or E Lisa)
    Genevieve
    Jenna/Jena
    Jennifer
    Julianne
    Jocelyn
    Lauren
    Logan
    Louisa
    Madison
    Monica
    Natalie
    Nichole
    Taylor

I have an Elisa Jean and a Lauren Christine. Elisa does gets mispronounced as Alyssa or Alicia, but it is a family name (as is her middle name) and we love it. The only downside of Elisa Jean is EJ (what my in laws call her) and she has never liked it so when choosing names for Dd2 we had to pick names that couldn’t be shortened (I actually kind of hate that we didn’t consider Theresa in honor of one of DH’s grandmas because it would’ve been LT shortened). Some I wish we would’ve chosen a different middle name for Dd2 like Nichole or Elizabeth (family name....Dh said too many, which there are), but not the end of the world. I briefly thought about spelling Lauren with a “y” because I have admired Lauryn Hill the singer since I was a teenager, but decided against it at the last minute. Madison has been a favorite name since I saw the movie Splash when I was 7 or 8; dh said it was too trendy and she would end up one in a class of many Madison’s; we have yet to meet one her age (all have been in high school or college or the 4th grade teacher at her school who is in her late 20s).

I am not much for unisex names but I like Carter, Logan, and Taylor for both. Had my brother in law’s wife was not a Taylor I would’ve considered it for one of my kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-22-2018 at 01:54 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ramsey
    Sloan
    Hutch
    Knox
    Scarlett
    Lexi
    Hallaway
    Claire
    Audrina

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the old fashioned names.

I have a Lilian Olive and a Shawn Alton.

Charlotte
    Eleanor
    Evelyn
    Scarlett
    Hazel

Abel
    Atticus
    Caleb
    Isaac
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

I was ridiculously systematic when coming up with our list of names. I pulled the social security lists for the most recent few years and then maybe a decade summary or one from ten years ago. I had a spreadsheet showing the rankings.

I sorted and resorted for something that was not "out there" but not overly common. I deleted a lot. DH vetoed some.

My main criteria when looking at names was that it had to have more than one syllable and not have a common nickname. I grew up with a nickname and hate having the different formal name. DH has always been called by his middle name which is an entirely different pain.

Then we stewed over about 20. Our focus was on first names. Middle names went to what sounded good and could claim a family tie.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We really struggled to name our two, so I can’t be much help there. But I wanted to say congrats!
    We did want names without nicknames and the middle names are family names. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Also wanted to add that middle names are family names for us as well.
    Alton is my husband's Grandpa's name, and Olive was my grandma's name.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast