Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Schitt's Creek. Eugene Levy and Catharine O'Hara. A uber wealthy family loses everything to a crooked accountant and has to move to a tiny town they bought as a joke years ago. The first four episodes Chris Elliot's character is over the top and annoying but he gets toned down quickly. Really funny but probably not safe for the kiddos.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Schitt's Creek. Eugene Levy and Catharine O'Hara. A uber wealthy family loses everything to a crooked accountant and has to move to a tiny town they bought as a joke years ago. The first four episodes Chris Elliot's character is over the top and annoying but he gets toned down quickly. Really funny but probably not safe for the kiddos.

My sister recommended this show too.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    I was just coming into this post to recommend this. SO FUNNY. And I would say it is as "kid appropriate" as The Office.

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Parks and Rec is my favorite of that whole crop of 2000s NBC shows. And keeps you in that mass appeal sort of sitcom feel of The Office.

I also loved another poster's rec for Freaks and Geeks, but I will warn that it sometimes can be dramatic and sad. But so could The Office, really.
    On those lines of dramedies, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is fantastic.

The In-Betweeners is way too sexual and crass for me, but I would bet a 13 year old boy would love it.

Episodes, with Matt LeBlanc, is hilarious, but I don't know if it is on Netflix, and I am less certain about your son enjoying it.

Lovesick and It's Always Sunny in Philly are both great, but probably inappropriate for your son.

That 70s Show was great, and seems like a teen boy would enjoy.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kiddo liked Parks and Rec, The Middle and Modern Family. Brooklyn 99 is also funny in a similar vein.

The GOLDBERGS is AMAZING. Soooo funny, and nostalgic, and my daughter and I crack up over it, every. single. time.
    It is brilliant.

The Middle is funny, too.
    Fresh Off the Boat

Quote Originally Posted by solsister View Post
    The GOLDBERGS is AMAZING. Soooo funny, and nostalgic, and my daughter and I crack up over it, every. single. time.
    It is brilliant.

The Middle is funny, too.
    Fresh Off the Boat
    Our whole family looks forward to this each week! Love The Goldbergs! Not on Netflix, but you can stream it through NBC is Better Late Than Never. Wasn't sure about it but we all (including 13 yo DS) cry laughing. It helps that these grown men tend to act like 13 yo boys. We all just finished Stranger Things and loved it, but not a comedy.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My go to for a laugh is Frasier. I know it's old but I still love it. I just started watching Comedians in cars getting coffee with Seinfeld, and I'm enjoying that. We also love SNL.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Arrested Development is hilarious.
    Master of None

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Good rec's above, so I'll add The Good Place

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast