Default Board games on the wall?

I've been looking at pics on Pinterest of board games hung on the wall of a playroom. It's cute decor, presumably makes the games more accessible for play, and removes some of the bulk of storing games in their boxes. Of course the ones that I liked the best were in custom handmade frames to fit the individual boards, and I'm not sure I'm up for that task. But I also wondered if it would be annoying to play these games in a raised frame, rather that in the flat board on the table. Was wondering if anyone has done something like this and if so, what's worked well for you.

Here's an example: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/664351382503928589/

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I dunno...Wouldn't the hanger that's attached to the frame make the board not lie flat for playing?
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Seems like it would take way more wall space than the two bookcases we keep all of our games in now. But it is cute!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

I have a bare wall that I wanted to use these on, so it would have served a dual purpose.

Some of the people on Pinterest were using vintage boards for decoration only. I was hoping to have them decorate but also be playable. Maybe it’s not that user-friendly after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

While I don't think I'd do it (I'd be afraid they'd fall often/not stay up well and get annoying), it looks super cute on the walls! However, to your qustion -- I do not think it would be annoying to play on a raised board (a lot of times "premium" editions of board games are raised, for example). You should consider how they're hung on the wall though, because whatever is used to hang them could make them not lay flat like PP said, or could damage the surface the game is placed on.
    Lizi