Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I agree with the others. I the grand scheme of things this is no big deal If this is the worst thing she has done she’s a pretty typical kid! I ask also thought you were headed to say Adele stole something which would have been a different issue.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I too was expecting to read that she stole the candy!

I would not say anything. I don't think this instance is that big of a deal, and therefore your cousin will feel she and her daughter are really under a microscope.

Your reasons **not** to say anything are solid. The "offense" is normal and you'd lose out on a lot by saying something, I think.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I, too, thought the story would end in stealing. I think it’s perfectly normal. Your kids may do something like that when not with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Very normal kid behavior. Wouldn’t even occur to me to mention it. Definitely would not contact cousin specifically to tell her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I, too, thought the story would end in stealing. I think it’s perfectly normal. Your kids may do something like that when not with you!

Her behavior wasn't ideal, but not really noteworthy.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by magnoliaparadise View Post
    The issue for me is not that Adele wanted the bag, but that she wanted me to get it for her and lie to my cousin that I hadn't. Though I get that this is probably very normal.
    Understood and still completely normal behavior. You explained why the behavior wasn’t okay to Adele. There’s no need to tell her mom. This isn’t indicative of a problem, and it doesn’t require addressing further. Simply explaining at the time and not buying the candy (or, obviously, lying about having done so) dealt with the situation to the appropriate degree.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not a big deal at all. I would not mention it to the cousin. If someone told me my child did this, I would think they had it out for my child, as this is just something normal that most kids do. I thought you were going to say she stole it, in which case then I would mention it.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I didn’t read the other replies. I wouldn’t say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not a big deal, I would not tell your cousin. I honestly thought you were going to say she tried to shoplift the cotton candy! Just saying her mom doesn't have to know is pretty innocent and you made your point with her already.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No. That definitely runs along the same lines as the type of thing I wouldn’t want my kids tattling on someone for. Nothing positive to gain.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast