Default Brainstorming ideas for DH's 50th

I've decided we should go on a trip for DH's 50th. We have a ton of Delta miles and Hyatt points, so I would like to go somewhere that we can use them. Flying out of Detroit, which means we have lots of options for direct flights on Delta and partners that should cut down travel time. I think we can get away for about 6 days including travel days so max flight time of about 7 hours. DH does not do "lie on a beach" type vacations, so it needs to have a combination of stuff to do, good food options, and some opportunities to do something like go on a boat for a day. We will go in late May/early June.

My ideas so far:
    Paris (we have both been several times but it has been a long time)
    San Diego (neither of us have been in that area and we've talked about going for a while)
    Vancouver & Seattle - I haven't been to either but DH has
    New Orleans - I haven't been and DH hasn't been there as an "adult" - just as a college student

things that might be suggested but that are already eliminated: NYC (we used to live in CT so we've been there a ton and DH goes often for business); Chicago; London

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d do New Orleans, Montreal, Savannah, San Francisco (and maybe some time in Napa or the redwoods) or Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Orleans, San Francisco, Vancouver would all be awesome
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My favorite trips have been Sedona/Grand Canyon, Miami and Fl Keys, and San Francisco.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What about Panama?

We just came back from a trip that included a couple of days in Panama City at the end. It was fabulous. It has an old quarter (Casco Viejo) that has the same type of vibe as Havana - a little lost in time, that colonial charm, but major revitalization going on. There are a ton of cute shops, great restaurants and fun rooftop bars. We loved our boutique hotel and it had a great jazz club. There is a ton to do - in the city you can visit the Panama Canal, you can bike this huge causeway that goes out into Panama Bay, there are day trips or overnights to Boquete (coffee region on the highlands - also lots of adventure stuff to do there; rafting/ziplining etc) or you could do a couple of nights in the San Blas Islands which are easily accessible from Panama City (they are a chain of islands on the Caribbean side of Panama stretching from Panama City down towards Columbia that are inhabited my the native Kuna indians - the water is gorgeous, boat charter is the way to go there, you can fly from PC and then go on a boat for 2-3 nights).

Anyway - we loved it and its totally doable in your flight time (5 hour flight from Chicago and NY). Something different to consider!