Thanks, all.

Clarification - I wasn't thinking of bringing the specific issue to the board member, rather ask for guidance regarding the process steps within our district. We are on a close-knit school committee together and do a fair bit of policy-based work together as a result, so it's not exactly out of left field. We also work in the same field and do some career based advocacy work within the same circle.

Tenure doesn't mean much in our state any more. They obviously cannot terminate without cause, but tenure doesn't play a rule in that.

I don't have a specific ask. I don't feel like I'm in a position to request that someone be fired - I'm certain that there are dynamics that I don't know about, nor do I think that's an appropriate request from a parent. What I would like, is for concrete actions to be taken to improve the situation - whether it be support for the teacher, increased oversight by the administration, or something.

I can guarantee that my DH would be held accountable by his administration if he was acting in this manner. This is not a "crummy teacher". We've had those and rolled with that. This is a situation where kids are being humiliated on a daily basis.