Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Companies that donate to 501c3 charities

Do any of you know of specific companies that donate products to 501c3 charities for silent auctions? I'm fundraising committee head for a group I'm in and am trying to get as many donations for the silent auction as possible. I know American Girl donates, but we're not donating profits to child specific groups this year. I've contacted local sports teams for tickets. I just wondered if there were other well known companies that donated as well.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think smaller, local companies and credit unions are a better bet - utilities can also be worth checking in with. Generally, the bigger the company, the further in advance you have to plan on getting donations - esp true of the more generous ones, as they have more hoops to jump through to vet charities.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    I think smaller, local companies and credit unions are a better bet - utilities can also be worth checking in with. Generally, the bigger the company, the further in advance you have to plan on getting donations - esp true of the more generous ones, as they have more hoops to jump through to vet charities.
    We already go to all of the local companies in the area. I was just trying to find some new items for the auction that we don't normally get. We have about four months, so I'm ok on time for the most part.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Disney will give you 4 1 day park hoppers.
    Chipotle came through with $50-100 gift card (can’t remember)
    You really better off with local business. When you solicit (by mail, email or in person) give them a simple to use form. I found it really increases results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

See's Candies. They do fundraising drives but I have also received gift cards from them in the past for my company to raffle off for local charities. https://www.sees.com/contact-us
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

I ran an online auction for 6 years.

*Restaurants - check out their websites for instructions on how to request a donation. Many often have online forms which are very similar in format so it is easy to submit a bunch. They always go for at least face value.
    *Grocery stores such as Whole Foods, Wegman’s etc These also go for face value or above as people feel they are going to spend this money anyways.
    * does anyone in your org have connections to a unique experience such as a behind the scene tour or hard to get tickets to an event or sports game.
    *summer camps
    *Green Mountain Coffee used to donate keurigs. They stopped for awhile however I thought I saw that they were doing it again.
    *A lot of bigger companies now get so many requests that they are harder to get donations from unless there is a connection to your locale. I thought I saw that Disney was no longer giving passes or possibly they got more restrictive and thus my org wasn’t eligible - the details are online and they need I think a 60 day lead time.

PTO today had a msg board chain on companies to contact for donations so that may be worth a perusal.

https://www.ptotoday.com/boards/35-a...-donation-list

They also had this more recent article on the topic which seems to point people more towards local businesses:
    https://www.ptotoday.com/pto-today-a...r-your-auction

Good luck! I will post later if I think of any more specific cos to recommend

Also as someone said above having a simple form and a letter indicating how the money will be used and your tax id# are helpful to close donations. Explain to the donor how donating also benefits their business ie exposing them to new potential customers etc.
    Last edited by jacksmomtobe; 01-19-2018 at 06:13 PM.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our school seems to get gift cards from Target, Home Depot and Lowes. Often we use the cards to buy supplies, or items to complete a basket . Some of the hotel chains and airlines (I think SWA did) I know a couple years ago I googled and found a long list that someone on a PTA type message board had posted that gave me some ideas of who to contact.
    I am an hour from Napa wine country, and 2 hours from the beach, so we also contact vendors in those areas and get lots of wine donated, wine tastings, Segway tours etc and put them together into a staycation, or an overnight if we get hotel.
    mom to Billy 12/07

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Most restaurants, and business will, if you have parents with businesses, people who work for dentists, insurance agents, banks, small businesses, car dealerships, get them to ask for any donations.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

American Girl will donate a doll. Our PTA auctions one off every year.
    https://good360.org/companies/americ...on-guidelines/
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Oh, and if you live in a metro area with sports team, most of them will donate anything from signed merchandise to cheap seat tix. Same for collegiate athletics.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast