SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Active charcoal teeth whitening

Anyone researched this? The Amazon reviews and results look good...except for the negative reviews saying that it damages enamel and gums. What do folks know? Sounds too good to be true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I purchased some about a month ago, but haven’t used it. I read somewhere that you shouldn’t use it if you have crowns or veneers because it is abrasive. I have a couple of crowns, so I’ve been scared to try it.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have some from a fabfitfun box that I need to try! I really need it because I love all of the bad things for teeth staining, coffee, tea, berries, red wine... But, I haven't psyched myself up to dip my toothbrush into the black paste yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Following. Those of you who have it, try it and update!!! I can't use the Whitestrips because of teeth sensitivity.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have used it and like it. It definitely whitened. The taste was fine, but it can be a bit messy. I only use sporadically when I want to brighten.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    I have used it and like it. It definitely whitened. The taste was fine, but it can be a bit messy. I only use sporadically when I want to brighten.
    How many uses does it take to see results?

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can see a difference after a single brushing albeit I probably have coffee staining. My teeth feel much cleaner too.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can see a difference after a single brushing albeit I probably have coffee staining. My teeth feel much cleaner too.
    Do you have any crowns? I really want to try it, but am worried about ruining the two crowns I have.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i can tell difference after one use. it sort of feels like after you get a cleaning at the dentist. i probably have staining though from drinking tea.

I would probably get way better results if i used it every day. the downside is, IT IS MESSY and makes the sink look so nasty even after just 1 use. for that reason i tend to do it in the shower . but i dont' always shower at home or i forget to take it in there so i don't get to do it consistently.

i don't have any crowns so i can't speak to that.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been using Apagard Premio toothpaste from Japan for the last few weeks. Took a long time to arrive. Definitely noticing an improvement, and no increase sensitivity to my teeth.