Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Unhappy Disney FastPass and Spring Break

THIS HAS NOT!!! BEEN A FUN MORNING!

Disney World trip booked for Spring Break.
    Spouse and I stayed up until 1:00am for the last two nights trying to finalize plans... which park which day and what rides to FastPass.

6:00am this moring... GO!!! (The FastPass booking window for Spring Break week opens).

And pretty much {BAM}, my plans on how to collect the desired FastPasses comes crashing down when I randomly get an "Ooop" screen rather than the "Selection Confirmation" screen I expect.
    And with each retry attempt, I can see the availability of popular FastPasses slipping away.

A task that should have only required 15 minutes to complete instead takes an HOUR.
    We did manage to FastPass all the rides we planned for... but the timing is all over the place.

Yea, yea, first world problem... but this is NOT a fun start to an expensive vacation I don't even understand why we're doing (we did this exact trip two years ago when the kids were finally all old enough to enjoy and appreciate a Disney Trip).

We went last year over spring break and yes, our fast passes were all over the place. We got there at rope drop, and we managed to ride everything we wanted without insane waits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We went last year over spring break and yes, our fast passes were all over the place. We got there at rope drop, and we managed to ride everything we wanted without insane waits.
    I know from experience that Rope Drop can be insane as well.

Last trip, we were 1st in line at Rope Drop for EPCOT (even got a security guard to get a picture of us at the front of the crowd that had built behind us).
    We headed strait to Test Track, and by the time we got to the line, we were like 50th in line.

Quote Originally Posted by jal View Post
    I know from experience that Rope Drop can be insane as well.

Last trip, we were 1st in line at Rope Drop for EPCOT (even got a security guard to get a picture of us at the front of the crowd that had built behind us).
    We headed strait to Test Track, and by the time we got to the line, we were like 50th in line.
    Yes, it’s super crazy. We weren’t able to get fast passes for the Frozen ride at Epcot, so we ran there at rope drop with a million other people and waited about 25 min for the ride. At that time of year, the wait was at least 90 min and up to 180 min.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OP, I hear you on FP issues. I'm not a fan of having to schedule 2 months out. For example, if it's going to rain while we are at WDW, I prefer to go to EPCOT. Now I don't have that option. Also, who knows when you'll be hungry or when the kids will be tired, etc. I would keep trying to edit your FP, though, because you just might get the times you want. Have a wonderful vacation!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have to admit I am constantly baffled by the urge to go to Disney. I'm not sure if it's a cult or not. The concept makes me and my DH break out in hives. And every time I hear people talk about their trips to Disney it sounds exhausting from planning to execution! But it must be worth it? I mean so many people go, right? Luckily we are beyond the age of kids asking for it.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I have to admit I am constantly baffled by the urge to go to Disney. I'm not sure if it's a cult or not. The concept makes me and my DH break out in hives. And every time I hear people talk about their trips to Disney it sounds exhausting from planning to execution! But it must be worth it? I mean so many people go, right? Luckily we are beyond the age of kids asking for it.
    I went for the first time a few years ago and was highly skeptical but it totally won me over. I think it helped that we went at a low crowd time so the lines weren't crazy long. The kids had a total blast and I was impressed by all of the details and theming. I don't think I'd go regularly as an adult without kids but I'm very glad we took the kids.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    It's so funny b/c I cannot stand long lines, crowds, heat, etc, all the negatives of Disneyland/Disneyworld. Yet, our family loves Disney--more specifically Disneyland. We did Disneyworld once a few years ago, and we've done Disneyland yearly since the kids were born. We live in California, so Disneyland is much more manageable for us than Disneyworld. For some reason, it never gets old for us. I don't consider myself a patient, easy going person either. Yet, the Happiest Place on Earth makes me happy! It's the exception to the rule for me. DDs love Disneyland and can never get enough of it. Though I do think going during low season and slower times makes for a much, much better time!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    It's so funny b/c I cannot stand long lines, crowds, heat, etc, all the negatives of Disneyland/Disneyworld. Yet, our family loves Disney--more specifically Disneyland. We did Disneyworld once a few years ago, and we've done Disneyland yearly since the kids were born. We live in California, so Disneyland is much more manageable for us than Disneyworld. For some reason, it never gets old for us. I don't consider myself a patient, easy going person either. Yet, the Happiest Place on Earth makes me happy! It's the exception to the rule for me. DDs love Disneyland and can never get enough of it. Though I do think going during low season and slower times makes for a much, much better time!
    Disneyland is a totally different beast than Disneyworld. A rookie should ease in with Disneyland. It’s so much easier!
    We like Universal (Orlando) because unlimited Express Passes kick 3 fast passes you have to reserve butt any day. The Harry Potter stuff is so awesome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Disneyland is a totally different beast than Disneyworld. A rookie should ease in with Disneyland. It’s so much easier!
    We like Universal (Orlando) because unlimited Express Passes kick 3 fast passes you have to reserve butt any day. The Harry Potter stuff is so awesome too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that Disneyland is a piece of cake compared to Disneyworld. Much, much easier! But even with the heat, lines and craziness of Disneyworld, it was still a fun and memorable adventure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast