Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default "Don't you know who I am??"

I volunteered to help with a project for ds1's team. I accidentally left off a kid on the program. I felt so, so bad! I made other mistakes too- all very unlike me! Luckily it was only wrong for one night as I was able to intercept the remainder of the season. The dad noticed first and I apologized profusely in person. The mom didn't see it until they went home. I woke to an unpleasant email sent to me and a bunch of other people. She was just in disbelief after all she has done for the schools over the years that a mistake like this, that affected her family, could happen. As someone new to the school, I have no way of knowing how invaluable she's been. (She is a great volunteer- I have run across her in a few other activities.) I replied with a sincere apology and a copy of the corrected proof. No reply. I have to see her this week and really dreading it. I feel like I've done everything "right" to make up for my error and I have no desire to drag it out. In my mind, it's water under the bridge- onward we go. Ugh.

I've probably done as much, if not more, for my k-8 school and I never would react like that. I'd have sent a, "hi! I noticed this mistake. Can you make sure he's included in the next printings? Thanks- and thanks for doing this project!"

Just an ugh. Remember, this is the BP so be nice. I owned up to my mistake and have done everything I can think to do to make it better. I have no idea where she stands on it as she never responded. Email is the only contact I have for her.

***UPDATE***
    All went well. We ignored it, were friendly and moved on. It was perfect.
    Thanks for all the commiseration!!
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 01-24-2018 at 08:20 PM.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

She is overreacting. You are a volunteer and mistakes happen and you apologized and corrected it. Nothing more for you to do so I would just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    She is overreacting. You are a volunteer and mistakes happen and you apologized and corrected it. Nothing more for you to do so I would just move on.
    Exactly.

Any thoughts on what to say/ do when I see her? My plan is to just ignore the “drama” and carry on like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post

Don’t feel bad, OP! Yup recognized your mistake, fixed it and apologized to the mom. What more, really can you do?? Sounds like to me this mom has bit of overinflated opinion of herself. Don’t worry about it and just be polite and cordial when you run across her next time you see her, as always you are anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow that seems like a big overreaction to a kid's name being left off a program once. My daughter's name was spelled wrong on her flag football trophy and I contacted the person and ask if there was any chance of getting it corrected and if not, no big deal. Mistakes happen and you are a volunteer just like she is/was. I'd ignore her.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Our swim club switched to a system where they called out your order number rather than your last name. One woman actually complained because "she is not just a number." Some people are nuts. Sorry this woman is acting like a two-year old.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You made a small mistake, apologized for it and fixed it. This kind of thing wouldn't be a big deal to me AT ALL. You are FINE now to hold your head up high around this woman. I know it is hard but I wouldn't even waste one more minute of worrying about it. I think you should handle it by meeting her eyes and being extremely cordial but not overly friendly. Let her worry about whether she's offended you, lol!

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

She knew you were the one who made a mistake on the program, and she still chose to email a bunch of other people about it instead of just you? Wow. I have a feeling that while she may be a great volunteer, she is also a drama queen, and those who received the email know it, too. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't let it bother me. Humans aren't perfect, we all make mistakes, and most mistakes aren't worth getting very upset about.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    She knew you were the one who made a mistake on the program, and she still chose to email a bunch of other people about it instead of just you? Wow. I have a feeling that while she may be a great volunteer, she is also a drama queen, and those who received the email know it, too. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't let it bother me. Humans aren't perfect, we all make mistakes, and most mistakes aren't worth getting very upset about.
    I couldn’t believe she emailed everyone either. Hopefully you’re right and everyone else sees the unnecessary drama too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast