Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I think there's a back story. Like this is the latest incident (although I wouldn't even call it an incident) and that's why she cc:d others...kind of a "this is what I mean, my DS is always forgotten!" I wouldn't give her email a second thought now that you've apologized. I would say "Hi!" and move on the next time I saw her.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Exactly.

Any thoughts on what to say/ do when I see her? My plan is to just ignore the “drama” and carry on like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like your plan. Unless this happened really recently (like within the last 2 weeks) I wouldn't even bring it up. If SHE wants to be a grudge holder and brings it up then I would just say something like 'I really am sorry about that. I'm glad I was able to fix my mistake before we got too far into the season.' and then move on.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

If I had gotten her email as one of the bystanders, I would think not nice thoughts about HER not you. I’d use it as a warning to steer clear of her.

My favorite super volunteer friend has a reply that she has sent to MANY complainers over the years. Something like, I’m human. I made a mistake. I apologize. If you can do a better job, you are more than welcome to take over this task.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Isn’t her kid in high school? As I have said before, you can’t reason with a crazy person. Business as usual when you see her next.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Isn’t her kid in high school? As I have said before, you can’t reason with a crazy person. Business as usual when you see her next.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yep he’s that old and yep, you’re right on dealing with her. I can’t believe how some people act.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my goodness. Seriously, unless she's going through menopause and temporarily loses control of her senses at times (I can attest to that) I would be making some assumptions about her life that would not be kind.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sorry you are going through this -- I expect you feel bad for the mistake and sick to your stomach about the mom's unreasonable reaction. Unfortunately, I have experienced something like this a couple times --- yes, I have made more than one mistake! --. I have owned up to the mistake, made correction, and sincerely apologized. In one case of mutual miscommunication, I think I over-apologized to the point that the other party inappropriately feels completely absolved of any part in the problem and continues to place entire fault on me. I am starting to feel that 1) many people don't accept accountability for their actions and chose to deflect blame; and 2) people don't know how to forgive and forget. Mistakes happen. Can't change the past. But, people can move forward. I don't understand why people can't be good to each other.

Thank you for your work on preparing the program, for your extra work in correcting the program, and for acknowledging your mistake and apologizing. Keep taking the high road. You have set a good example others may follow.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    I don't understand why people can't be good to each other.
    I wonder this ALL the time!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I think there's a back story. Like this is the latest incident (although I wouldn't even call it an incident) and that's why she cc:d others...kind of a "this is what I mean, my DS is always forgotten!" I wouldn't give her email a second thought now that you've apologized. I would say "Hi!" and move on the next time I saw her.
    Yeah, I was actually wondering about this. From personal experience, I have a short name that is often mispronounced. And people often spell it how they pronounce it. So there have definitely been times when I lose it and have a "Oh. My. Gah!" moment. lol But this is after telling people a million times and they just don't care. Obviously, you are new, but if there is a backstory, she might just see it as "another" person doing XXX.

But who knows. Either way, you've apologized, which is all you can. I would take TwinFoxes' advice.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

As a PTO president, few things bother me more than people complaining about mistakes by VOLUNTEERS. Ugh. I'm willing to bet she looked like an a** to the others on the email.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast