Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Other symptoms during your periods?

May be bit TMI, but for those of you who suffer other issues that only occurs whenever you have your period.

For the first year around 3 years ago, I started having migraines for first 1-2 days of my period. It was so infrequent though that I didn’t tie it with my cycle. Then second year, started feeling the bloating and nausea but stopped for long time. Now in my 4th year since having Ds2, I’m feeling a lot of same symptoms I felt during my pregnancy. Constant nausea, loose bowel movements, and the urge to vomit even though nothing happens.

It’s been happening consistently every month now for past 6 months. What does it mean?? I know to call my gyn doctor which I plan to. But curious for feedback so I know what tests, if any to ask for when I see my doctor, is it part of getting older? Or the early stages of premenopausal ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

I’d get that checked out. I’ve been fortunate to have zero other symptoms during my periods. They are different than they were pre-kids (more spotting before it arrives in full force), but I never have cramps, headaches, mood swings, etc. I think I had more symptoms when I was younger. Nothing major, light cramping and a heavy feeling down south.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get flu-like symptoms: achy legs, sore joints, loose bowels, sometimes some nausea. It has been 10 years since I was pregnant (DD turned 10 last week!). The severity is not the same every month, but otherwise it is fairly consistent. I have a somewhat irregular cycle; the achy legs usually are my best clue that AF is on her way.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

I get migraines that seem to be related to hormones - twice each month on the same days of my cycle. From the reading I've done, migraines due to hormonal changes are pretty common. This started for me after I had DD2. I would guess that all of your symptoms are hormone related, and would mention it at your next appointment but not be worried in the meantime.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I track mine using an app so I can remember when I'm filling out new forms for a doc visit or whatever.

I get loose stools and an increase in the probability of yeast infections when mine's coming on. When I am not physically fit, every few months, I get severe, incapacitating cramps (like cramps that feel like my hips & thighs have gone numb.)

I find dosing with Evening Primrose Oil gelcaps helps soothe the worst of the crampiness, but so does a single 600mg (3 gelcaps) of ibuprofen before bed.

I've been getting headaches every now and again, but I never thought about them in relation to my cycle.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have advice, but I've been getting a lot of the same symptoms you're describing. No fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I track mine using an app so I can remember when I'm filling out new forms for a doc visit or whatever.
    Can I ask what app you use? I've been writing my symptoms down on a checklist app in my phone and it's getting kind of unwieldy!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gobadgers View Post
    I don't have advice, but I've been getting a lot of the same symptoms you're describing. No fun.

Can I ask what app you use? I've been writing my symptoms down on a checklist app in my phone and it's getting kind of unwieldy!

I like "Flo"

It predicts your cycle and is totally accurate for me, even though my cycle is starting to get more irregular....

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it's totally normal to have tons of different symptoms during your period. GI symptoms are super common. Do you have endometriosis possibly? That often comes with more pronounced symptoms. I used to have horrible cramps, severe back pain, thigh and buttocks pain, diarrhea, and nausea. Since having kids I no longer have cramps but the back pain is even worse and now I get bloated too. I'm also prone to yeast infections at the end of my period when I just have spotting (or maybe it's just itchiness). I always figured that's because of changing PH levels.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gobadgers View Post

I use the Planned Parenthood "Spot It" app, but there are a bunch if you'd prefer something else.

It's free and does what I need it to do: give me a window of when to expect my period, insight into how long my cycles actually are, daily reminders to enter my info, and I can add custom symptoms. Sometimes the language is a little "millennial" for me, but it's useful to me.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wallawala View Post
    I like "Flo"

It predicts your cycle and is totally accurate for me, even though my cycle is starting to get more irregular....
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I use the Planned Parenthood "Spot It" app, but there are a bunch if you'd prefer something else.

It's free and does what I need it to do: give me a window of when to expect my period, insight into how long my cycles actually are, daily reminders to enter my info, and I can add custom symptoms. Sometimes the language is a little "millennial" for me, but it's useful to me.
    Thanks, going to check out both!

OP, I hope you find some answers and/or relief after talking with you OB/GYN.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast