Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I only wear Crocs at WDW . I also will sometimes even wear or carry a pair of tennis socks in case my feet start to hurt, but they usually do not. I can't imagine wearing anything else there -the amount of walking coupled with the fact that your feet will likely get wet makes all other options undoable for me. Be prepared to be sweaty and wet. Be concerned more with comfort than looks. Also, as others mentioned, definitely plan on getting there early and taking a mid day pool break. You just can't do a straight full day at the parks in the summer. Drink a lot and cool off with ice cream and ices. Get to know which rides and attractions are indoors or have indoor ques so you can take A/C breaks.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I had Athleta skorts for forever. I love them, but DH b!tches about them. (I think he should shut it.)

Skechers don't run wide enough for my foot.

I have a pair of Vionic flip-flops that I wore a total of once for a few miles on the boardwalk when we were down the shore a couple years ago.

They gave me blisters across the top of my foot and on my little toe. I know they get a lot of love here, but they just don't work for me.
    Tell your DH from me to shut it. If those skorts work for you, take advantage of it as it’s one less thing to think to buy. Frees you up to focus on feet and backpack needs.

After my Disney trip, it’s all I wear every summer practically now. I generally live in my yoga pants year round, but switch to my skorts and pool dresses for the summer for around house/pool/errand days. In fact I need new pairs so will buy 5-6 to stock up.

Can’t help you on appropriate footwear, as I have very small and sensitive feet. Only vonic and sketchers fit flops work for me and that’s what I stick with religiously since it took me long time to go through tons of footwear to find what works for me. But you have my sympathies on difficulty of finding good footwear, try on tons from now till summer and buy with Memorial Day sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    We went to WDW last May and I am OK with heat but it was pretty miserable, especially at Animal Kingdom, which is notoriously the hottest park.
    I have the widest feet on earth (they were already wide and then I got RA and the tendons loosened) and cannot wear any shoes that squeeze my feet because of RA. I alternated between FitFlops, Keens, and sneakers. Rotating shoes is key at Disney. You cannot overestimate the amount of walking. The FitFlops I have do not have a thing in the toes. This style without the bling: https://smile.amazon.com/FitFlop-Wom...fitflops+women
    FitFlops don't work for me and I can't get Keens on. I'm going to have to find sneakers that work and DH is going to have to deal.

I don't underestimate the amount of walking, so I want to be sure I won't injure myself.

Another key item is monistat chafing relief: https://www.amazon.com/MONISTAT-Comp...000FKLKXQ?th=1
    all over your feet, under your boobs, between your legs - anywhere that has a potential to rub.

I agree with those above who say a string backpack will not work. You need to carry water bottles and that is going to get old quickly. See the other thread going on backpacks for travel..
    I love that Monistat stuff; I found it at a Walmart in AZ and it was very helpful for keeping the chub-rub down. I only really chafe on my inner thighs.

Great to know it's sold on Amazon!!!!

I did OK at Great Adventure with a string pack, but I see your point - I wouldn't take a string pack for all day around NYC! (Last trip, I took a crossbody bag; the trip before, I took a backpack but had my cell phone & wallet in an inner pocket in my coat. Obviously, relying on my coat as a wallet-keeper isn't an option in Orlando in July.)

If you are going to do this trip, one of 2 things needs to happen: 1) your DH acknowledges that this is a family trip that is going to cost money and gives you an adequate budget to prepare or 2) you start generating some income through something like mystery shopping or upwork that you can use for items your DH sees as discretionary.
    I'm currently job-hunting, but I'll have to step things up. Upwork keeps coming up.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Are they paying for your trip? If they’re not, then you get to vote on when it works best for your family. ...
    It's my understanding that the ILs are contributing to the costs of, at least, lodging. I think DH said he has enough $$ socked away from having promised DD that she could earn a trip to Disney if she kept up her good behavior at school last year, and she did so she's earned it.

I don't know exactly what the financial arrangement is going to be. This could all be very hypothetical, depending on what's available.

At least it means DH is no longer pushing to go to WrestleMania.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    I only wear Crocs at WDW ....
    Crocs are great ... for other people. They give me blisters and knee pain if I wear them for longer distances than from my house to the bus stop.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m all about the Birkenstocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I’m all about the Birkenstocks!
    I haven't tried Birks. I had a knockoff pair by Chinese Laundry when I was in college that I liked fine for kicking around campus, but the stiff footbed might be a problem.

Honestly, I have a lot of trouble finding sandals that I don't hate in general; my current pair is by Clarks and needs replacing. And it's a discontinued style.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    I'm just curious... What did your dh not like about the skorts? And what did/does he like better?
    He just gave me a vague "they're not flattering" and wouldn't tell me what the problem was. Then he bought me a pair of men's cargo shorts that I felt stupid in, but let him buy anyway, and then I donated them because I wasn't wearing them and didn't get them tailored.

I wear the skorts anyway because they're more comfortable in the humidity than the two pairs of heavy cotton twill shorts he bought me last year, but they're wearing out, so I'm due for new ones.

They were the Anywhere Skort style, with the full, gored skirts and contrast stitching down the gores. I like them because the skirts don't ride up even though the shorts do (they're imperfect) but they're really showing their age so they need to be replaced. I think the Everyday Skort and the All Day Skort have the potential to be replacements.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I really like my Metro skort. The zippered pockets are really handy at amusement parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You may want to check Eddie Bauer too for replacement skorts. I have a few from Athleta and a couple from Eddie Bauer and like them both. They have a few colors on clearance now plus 40% off and I'm sure they'll have regular price coupon codes in next month or rwo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast