Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh yes... buy yourself new skorts!! I love both of the ones you posted. (Fwiw, it almost sounds like your dh is being very mean in a passive aggressive sort of way. I can not imagine how the shorts you describe that he prefers would be at all flattering on ANY woman, while those skorts are universally wonderful, cool and cute.)
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, I do have a clothing recommendation! Old Navy usually has these a-line foldover skirts for summer. They aren't on the site now. They're about the same shape as the Althleta skorts you listed, but they are skirts only. They're a little longer, too, IIRC, because of the foldover waistband. Basically you can adjust them to be slightly longer/shorter as needed. I think the waistband is super comfortable, too.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I really like my Metro skort. The zippered pockets are really handy at amusement parks.
    I looked at it, but the line is too narrow for my hips. It's almost a pencil skirt and I hate those.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    You may want to check Eddie Bauer too for replacement skorts. I have a few from Athleta and a couple from Eddie Bauer and like them both. They have a few colors on clearance now plus 40% off and I'm sure they'll have regular price coupon codes in next month or rwo.
    I'll have to look; most skorts out there seem to be almost pencil skirts over the shorts and I can't wear those comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Oh, I do have a clothing recommendation! Old Navy usually has these a-line foldover skirts for summer. They aren't on the site now. They're about the same shape as the Althleta skorts you listed, but they are skirts only. They're a little longer, too, IIRC, because of the foldover waistband. Basically you can adjust them to be slightly longer/shorter as needed. I think the waistband is super comfortable, too.
    I've tried them in the past and they don't work for me. Also, ON doesn't have number sizes; only letters. I can't seem to get a good fit in letter sizes.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 02-02-2018 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added quotebacks
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you can't find a skirt you like you could also go with a regular skirt with your preferred silhouette and some sort of under short. I've used exercise shorts for this in the past and it has worked well for me.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I haven't tried Birks. I had a knockoff pair by Chinese Laundry when I was in college that I liked fine for kicking around campus, but the stiff footbed might be a problem.

Honestly, I have a lot of trouble finding sandals that I don't hate in general; my current pair is by Clarks and needs replacing. And it's a discontinued style.
    The cork sole becomes like a custom orthotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Tell Me About Disney WORLD in July

I get blisters on the ball of my feet from Birks (always have since I got my first pair at 16) so I don’t wear them all day or when I know I will be walking a lot. I love Crocs Capri flip flops. I have the current model.

I also have a wide foot and a high instep though so nowhere close to normal feet.

They run small but I love Colorado Clothing Skorts and they aren’t pencil like at all. They don’t stock many though so you need to stalk their website. I wear an XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-02-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

UPDATE:

It doesn't look like we'll be going in July after all. Turns out, BIL's wife has been co-planning a big trip for DNiece's birthday with her BFF while (possibly deliberately) misunderstanding that the ILs wanted to celebrate their 50th with the WHOLE FAMILY. ILs are not fond of the BFF and her husband, so they've now declined to go.

I'm actually relieved.

We can now plan to go at another time that works better for us.

I'll still need to get fit and probably will need new clothing, but I won't have to plan for central Florida in July.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    UPDATE:

It doesn't look like we'll be going in July after all. Turns out, BIL's wife has been co-planning a big trip for DNiece's birthday with her BFF while (possibly deliberately) misunderstanding that the ILs wanted to celebrate their 50th with the WHOLE FAMILY. ILs are not fond of the BFF and her husband, so they've now declined to go.

I'm actually relieved.

We can now plan to go at another time that works better for us.

I'll still need to get fit and probably will need new clothing, but I won't have to plan for central Florida in July.
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4