Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What jeans would you buy if you could only have one pair?

Updated in post 18!

Oh, and they have to be from Penneys, lol.

My mom is buying me jeans for my birthday. I have zero pairs without (unintentional) holes in them. I have lost 15 pounds in the past year (more actually but then gained some back during Christmas, darn it!) so my pants don't fit great either.

I need to know which kind of cut and rinse you would pick if you knew you could only have one pair. Penney's carries Levi's which have been good to me over the years but maybe even link me to some higher end looks that I might be able to copy.

I wear a size 8. I have curvy hips and a small waist and I'm 5'7.

Thank you!
    Last edited by bisous; 03-08-2018 at 06:03 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d personally pick a medium dark, straight pair. After that, you need to grab everything in your size, regardless of brand, and try them on. It’s annoying but it’s the best way. You might end up with a brand you never considered because they fit and look the best.

I do still like a boot cut too. You have to decide what looks best on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also do medium to dark straight cut. I also have curvy hips and a smaller waist, and have found the "curvy straight" cuts fit me best. They are very versatile and unlikely to go out of style before they are worn out (or ever). When I needed new jeans last fall I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Old Navy's curvy straight jeans fit me, and I was able to get a pair on sale for $15. But if it were my birthday gift from my Mom I'd at least try on some that were in the $50-100 price range. Loft used to have some good ones, not sure if they still carry that style.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Ok thanks! I'll try a bunch. And a straightish leg and dark rinse is probably the best idea.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you have a gift card to Pennys, or is that the price range? i really like the true skinny jeans at gap and i have paid less than $50 for them.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Eddie Bauer curvy jeans are great. I have them in dark and medium rinse and a pair in each color in straight leg and boot cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Default What jeans would you buy if you could only have one pair?

I like Articles of Society from Nordstrom Rack. They are cute and comfy. I’m a little smaller than you but I have wide hips and a smaller waist.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

NYDJ at Nordstrom rack
    I would get a Dark wash – it will fade so may as well start out dark. I personally still wear boot cut LOL because that’s the most flattering for me. Clearly I don’t care about fashion trends.

You just have to try on a bunch and see what works. I recently bought some jeans with little gemstones on the pocket and I’ve lived to regret it because they keep falling off. Don’t make that mistake.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not sure you will be happy with the selection at Penneys, can you look at other places, not more expensive but their jeans are sort of limited. You really need to try on a lot of styles to find what works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I'm not sure you will be happy with the selection at Penneys, can you look at other places, not more expensive but their jeans are sort of limited. You really need to try on a lot of styles to find what works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I’m stuck with Penney’s. I’ve got almost nothing right now so I’ll just do the best I can. Our debt payment/saving plan is going better than we anticipated so I’ll live in lesscute (but not ripped and fitting) jeans for the next bit.

I’m more afraid of getting dark rinse skinny only to find those are totally out and it’s all about light rinse boyfriend, lol. I just want my jeans to look invisible so if I wear them every day I can get away with it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m heading to the store today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast