robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How can an organization and storage store have such awful packaging for shipping?

I ordered some Elfa stuff from The Container Store. They shipped in multiple packages - of the 4 I got today, one came in with minor damage - the rest all had issues - like tape that tore or came loose (not using enough, for starters) - to the point that two of the boxes were basically open, one with my stuff hanging out of the box. All the cardboard boxes had varying degrees of damage, from holes in the side bigger than my hand to small holes punched thru. They are using crappy, cheap packaging, used badly, to send expensive goods out. WTH?

I have to go thru and do a full check and see what is damaged, or missing. It baffles the mind that a store marketing those particular services could have such crappy packing skills and shipping containers.

I do get using greener tape and boxed made of recycled cardboard - but not when you have to ship the same item multiple times to get the goods safely where they are going. No savings there, in money or environmental costs.

Curious to see how the rest of the packages coming look when they get here.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ve only ordered from them once, and the box was barely taped closed when it arrived. Nothing was damaged, and the box was in tact, just pretty much unsealed. I thought it was a bit odd. I hope the rest of your order arrives safely!