acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Give me your Disney Cruise tips!

We are heading on a Disney Cruise in June with the extended family with a few days in Disney before/after. We have been to Disney many times but have never done the cruise. Our kids will be almost 10, 8 and 2 when we go and we are doing a 5 night cruise (on the Dream maybe?) to the Bahamas. I'd love any tips in general and also have some questions.

- We will either bring or rent a stroller for the 2 year old for our days at the parks before/after, but will we need a stroller on board the cruise too? We usually rent a city mini for disney, but could bring our own city mini GT or umbrella stroller if needed.

- Advice on cruise activities and excursions? We need to make our reservations soon. Any must dos or things you would avoid?

- Other toddler items that I should be sure to bring? Not sure what I will do sleeping-wise for the 2 year old...I'm pretty sure she will still be in a crib at home, but may be getting big for a pack'n'play....

We have cruised with a 2 year old, though not on Disney so what they provide may be different. We had a pack n play but he ended up sleeping in our bed. We took both a stroller (umbrella with a bit of recline and shade) and a toddler Tula and used both a good bit. Mostly I used the Tula and my husband and parents used the stroller, both occasionally on the ship and in ports. We took our own sippy cups and a bottle brush and small dish soap to wash them with. We took a few pre packaged snacks for ports and generally hit the buffet for fruit and yogurt for snacks on the ship. If you are still using bibs, disposable ones are perfect for cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did almost that exact trip 2 years ago. My kids were 13,11, and 7. If you are going to bring a stroller I would do small because of the space. Ask your travel agent or Disney about sleeping options for the 2 year old. They do have bed rails on board.

We really enjoyed the stingray feeding/adventure on Castaway Cay. Snorkling was great as well. All of my kids loved that. we did 2 princess meet and greets. In Nassau we did not do an excursion but just walked around town. On Board the adults at brunch at Palo which was excellent. DH asnd I aslo got Rainforest Passes for the spa to use the showers, sauna and hot tub. It was great.

We are doing a 7 night this June and I can't wait! If I think of anything else I will add it.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08