Default Day T shirts for large breast females

I need quite fair bit of new good fabric t shirts for day time to wear as layering and alone options. The L size looks too floaty on me, yet the M made my already large breasts look it’s about to burst out of my chest!

I used to wear XL when I was heavier but now that I’m a size 6. Much harder to find decent looking t shirts that looks somewhat fitted without being tight and supporting my boobs???

Large breast ladies, what brands do you like best? I’m 38D. don’t want the ones that looks too floaty and long enough to cover edge of my shorts and pants without riding up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The splendid and alternative T-shirt seem to fit me well -36DD
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First off, I'd double check to make sure you're wearing the correct size bra because that can really change how fitted items look. Breakout bras has good instructions. If you're a size 6 I'm guessing your band size may be smaller than 38.

I haven't gotten to try them yet but I've read great things in a fashion group about the new Universal Threads v necks from Target. I also like Madewell whisper tees and Caslon rounded v neck tees from Nordstrom. The Bobeau and BP twist tshirts are also nice and the twist adds a little detail that I think can balance the chest.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    First off, I'd double check to make sure you're wearing the correct size bra...

When my clothes start to look schlubby, I check that I'm not in need of a bra fitting.

I've found that certain Soma shops have great bra fitters (Monica at Quakerbridge Mall, for example, is EXCELLENT, but I think this might be kind of a schlep for you) as do independent lingerie shops (Dain Shoppe in Morristown is where I bought bras for my wedding) so definitely go get fitted/re-fitted, especially if you've lost a lot of weight. IIRC, the Nordstrom at Menlo Park Mall had a great bra staff too!

For reference, when I was a size 6, I was actually wearing a 34/36 band.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Everything lizzywednesday said - I'm a 32F band at size 6, and I am not a small framed person (5'7"/140 with fairly square shoulders)

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I am a petitie 36D, so I totally understand what your needs. Anything super tight or fitted but makes my breasts pop, and it's uncomfortable at this stage in life. I work with small kids, so it's not appropriate either.

I find t's that are 100% cotton tend to fit better, than anything with polyester or spandex. Kohls (Everday Sonoma brand), JCP (Ana and Stylus), Loft, New York and Co, Caslon and Madewell are my go to T's.