Hi,

Could you suggest good things to do and where to stay near Cape Canaveral with a 6 and 10 year old?

We are going on a 4 night Disney Cruise (the 'Disney Dream' boat) in April and then disembarking on a Friday morning. We will stay Friday and Saturday nights in FL and then fly out from Orlando International Airport on Sunday afternoon... my mom is coming with us and does *not* want to go to a Disney Resort and do Disney World during those two days, which I would have wanted - so now I am trying to figure out what to do with the kids Friday and Saturday all day and early Sunday.

We won't have a car, but hope to Uber around.

For hotels...
Can you suggest a good hotel / resort and where?
I looked into Cocoa Beach, which seemed near and it seemed like the most centrally located were La Quinta Ocean Front, Best Western and Holiday Inn Express (tho two blocks off the water). Trip Advisor also recommended the A1A-520 area, including the Inn at Cocoa Beach and the Sheraton...
Or the Holiday Inn which is far away but appears to have the best pool?
Any of these particularly great for kids? Or, if other places, please give any thoughts!

For activities...
Cape Canaveral and astronaut stuff is good, but I'm having trouble getting my head around what exactly we could do. There seems to be a long tour, but 2 hours is too much for my 6 (and probably 10) year old. Anything suggestions?
I also saw that there is something called Wild Side Tours?
I also thought of SeaWorld - is it worth spending the day there and just finding a hotel on Fri and Sat nights closer to the airport?

Thank you for any thoughts!!!!