KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Rain boots for wide feet

I have a hard enough time finding shoes for my 7yo DS, and rain boots are impossible. I've tried sizing up but it doesn't help because they are still too narrow. He wears a size 5. Would womens run wider than kids? I think he could wear a size 7 in womens. Has anyone ever found wide width rain boots? We don't need snow boots just rain, it doesn't get cold enough where we live for snow boots. And we get snow maybe once a year, if that. Where his class room is located they have to go outside to get to the lunch room so if its raining his sneakers are soaked after school.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you looked at Crocs rain boots? No personal experience, I just know they are generally loose fitting (or used to be).
    He would wear a size 7 women’s. I have a high instep and large feet and rain boots are hard to find!
    DS 2/09

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with trying Crocs. They run wide.

ETA: I have found that women's sizes are narrower than kids. I have a very narrow foot and have tried some kids boots in my equivalent size and they have been clunky.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.