Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Default Movie theater assigned seats

Minor rant:

The movie theater we like has assigned seating, which I love. I’m picky about where I sit in a theater, and I’ll book far in advance to make sure I get the seats we want. I also pay the convenience fee to buy online, totally worth it. However, the last two times we’ve gone to the theater, there have been people sitting in our seats when we get there. It’s dark, I’m leading around 4 kids, and trying to figure out exactly which seats we booked. And then I have to politely ask people to get up and move seats, that they’re sitting in the one sitting we booked. It’s annoying to us, them, and the people around us.

I know if we got there super early, it’s would be less of a problem. But even if we arrive at the movie’s “start” time, we still sit through at least 15 minutes of previews. I buy tickets at thid theater in advance so I don’t have to worry about arriving early and grabbing seats together!

Maybe it’s people who don’t realize the theater has assigned seating? Maybe it’s people who don’t care and just decide they’ll sit where they want? It’s just so freaking annoying.
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

I assume they moved to your better seats once the previews started because they assumed you weren’t coming. But yes, that’s so annoying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've had this happen on a couple of occasions as well. One man actually started to argue with me and he said, What does it really matter?
    I told him, These are the seats that I picked and paid for. Please move. He & his son still didn't want to move. I got ticked off and told him to move
    again but this time, I was not so nice.
    Last edited by Corie; 02-27-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We don't go to the movies often, but this happened when we went with DH a few months ago... DH explained that they were in our seats and they were very nice and moved...their seats were actually right in front of us...

I don't think I would confront someone if it was just DC and I. That's what theater staff are for...

Of course, I have a DC with sensory issues and we have been known to find our seats and then leave the theater until the previews are over. Thankfully we have never returned to someone in our seats...

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is annoying. I love having assigned seats, although it drives my DH crazy. lol I’ve yet to have someone in our seats, but if I did, I would probably ask the theater staff for help.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As a planner, I love assigned seating. I've only had to ask someone to move once and they were very nice about it. I would be annoyed too because I buy my seats way ahead of time so that I can sit where I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    We don't go to the movies often, but this happened when we went with DH a few months ago... DH explained that they were in our seats and they were very nice and moved...their seats were actually right in front of us...

I don't think I would confront someone if it was just DC and I. That's what theater staff are for...

Of course, I have a DC with sensory issues and we have been known to find our seats and then leave the theater until the previews are over. Thankfully we have never returned to someone in our seats...
    That’s a smart idea- go in, make an appearance at your seats then head back to the lobby. Gives you a chance to deal with any in your seat without disrupting the movie too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to us last month and when we explained these were our seats, the man motioned below us and said, "Well, someone is sitting in our seats and we weren't going to ask them to move." I guess we were the jerks for asking whereas he was fine to just take whatever was open and available - all the same price and we aren't picky, but the problem is none of them are open and available to pick. They are all assigned and actually using the seats you are assigned guarantees we don't have to play musical chairs when someone shows up every few minutes. They moved from our seats to a row above and then the whole thing repeated when the next group showed up and dared to ask to have their seats. And again. It was just maddening to have to hear the whispers and packing up and moving back over again.

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Thank you for the commiseration! I know it’s silly, but you’re spending $70, you want to sit where you paid to sit. I know if I want to avoid this, I should get there early. But I hate sitting in the theater for 45 minutes and if we wait in the lobby I’ll be out another $50 in concessions — or I’ll get annoyed with telling my kids no to the video games and I’ll be ready to head on home!
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by *myfoursons View Post
    Thank you for the commiseration! I know it’s silly, but you’re spending $70, you want to sit where you paid to sit. I know if I want to avoid this, I should get there early. But I hate sitting in the theater for 45 minutes and if we wait in the lobby I’ll be out another $50 in concessions — or I’ll get annoyed with telling my kids no to the video games and I’ll be ready to head on home!
    You are not being silly. You paid for and chose THOSE seats. We love assigned seating and not having to get there any earlier than necessary. I tend to choose the back row on the end so i know exactly where i am going.

Only twice i think was someone in our seats, and they moved.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast