Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    This is interesting. I have never heard of a movie theater having assigned seats. I would be into it though! What happens if you buy your ticket at the theater? do you just pick out your seat on a screen?
    At our theater only the IMAX screen has assigned seating, but I do like it! We purchase ahead of time online to get seats we like and avoid extra lines at the theater.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

This is interesting. I have never heard of a movie theater having assigned seats. I would be into it though! What happens if you buy your ticket at the theater? do you just pick out your seat on a screen?
    Me neither! I'll have to check if any of ours do. We rarely go to the movies since it's expensive, although I think it must be cheap here as it's nowhere near $70!
    Kris

I LOVE my theater with the assigned seating. It also has the recliner seats and tons of leg room so trying to find your seats isn't hard in the dark. The theater has about 9-10 rows and there's only about 15 seats in each.

A few months ago there was a woman on our local mommy facebook page complaining that she bought tickets at the theater and since she didn't like the seats she was given she took others so the person who paid for the seats asked her to move. She refused, the manager had to come in and she couldn't believe that the management was actually serious about assigned seats for a movie. How dare they!!

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzy View Post
    I LOVE my theater with the assigned seating. It also has the recliner seats and tons of leg room so trying to find your seats isn't hard in the dark. The theater has about 9-10 rows and there's only about 15 seats in each.
    I love ours, too. Knowing we have a seat and where it is and that it's comfy and everyone has plenty of room has totally changed going to the movies for me.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Me neither! I'll have to check if any of ours do. We rarely go to the movies since it's expensive, although I think it must be cheap here as it's nowhere near $70!
    I've been to movies with assigned seats while visiting my ILs in Michigan...the exist somewhere in your state!

Most of the theaters here have assigned seats, except the mom and pop indie ones. It's been years since I've been to a regular theater without assigned seating, I'm surprised that there are places that it's not common.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yup, you pick them out using a touch-screen; it's kind of awesome.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've only been to one movie with assigned seats. There were people sitting in two of our assigned seats so we just moved over two seats even though the people who took our assigned seats got the best seats (they were on the end with no seats in front). Then part of our group was in the next row and there were people in their assigned seats. They were asked to move since those were assigned seats and the people did move but motioned that other people were sitting in their assigned seats. This all made me think that many people don't bother honoring the assigned seating which is annoying.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I would never go to the movies if I had to drop $70 each time. Although I think its still expensive. One local theater, which is really nice, has different pricing for their "HUGE" theater vs the other theaters. We would pay $21.5 for me + 2 kids to see an 2D matinee movie. Add $2.50 per kid to see an evening movie. And $2.75 per adult to go in the evening. We never go to evening movies though. Its also about another $2.25 per person to see the movie in 3D. And they charge more for their nicer theater, so again another $2.25 per person for that. It adds up! I very rarely see a 3D movie. I like them, but unless the movie warrants 3D, I just see it in 2D.

I would say on average it costs me like $40 for me to take the kids to the movies (including popcorn). DH rarely comes.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

One of the theaters near us that was just remodeled to have the big recliners and assigned seats just charges $8/ ticket. They aren't all really expensive. The really big national chain does charge $15 for their reserved seating.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    One of the theaters near us that was just remodeled to have the big recliners and assigned seats just charges $8/ ticket. They aren't all really expensive. The really big national chain does charge $15 for their reserved seating.
    The one that did that near us upped their prices to $10 for a matinee. That also influenced my decision to quit going there. The closest "not assigned" is ~ $8.50 for a matinee, and they used to be the expensive one before the switch. My favorite is an independent that serves food during the movie. It's only $4 for shows before noon & $5 for any other matinee.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast