Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would take a day and visit Plimouth Plantation. It's fabulous, very well done and engaging.

Also, Odiorne Point State Park is amazing. Lots of tidepools and a nice hands on science center for kids.

I once went to the Harvard Museum of Natural History. Unless it's changed a lot, I didn't actually think it was extraordinary in comparison to other museums. Everyone seems to love it so maybe I'm in the minority. Or maybe I just like huge city museums.

Yes, this one a lot of things in it and comprehensive for a small city, so it is truly a 'museum' and not just something local yocal place you'd find which calls itself a museum. So given it's very small size, I guess that's impressive. But... I didn't love it. It had an old and dusty feel to it IMHO. Lots of taxidermy animals. There was one gems room that I thought was very cool - a bazilion rocks and gems in glass displays that were gorgeous.

Yes, Plimouth Plantation (did they just change the spelling from Plymouth recently?) is great. There are colorful actors pretending to be settlers who will talk your ear off about the first settlers - I took a trip with my kids and they loved it. Sturbridge is similar. If you can get out to Western MA it's supposed to be beautiful.
    Last edited by magnoliaparadise; 03-15-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3