trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default I have enough s#*t to clean up!

We have an old dog and recently got a puppy. Housebreaking is still ongoing, so I take the puppy out on a leash about 100 times a day. Old dog only goes out 3-4 times. I got sick of stepping in dog crap so I clean it up as soon as one of them goes. But I keep finding small piles (smaller than either one of my dogs’)of dog crap in my fenced in backyard. There is a small gap on the bottom of one section of fence, so somebody’s dog is going underneath. So now I am cleaning up after 3 dogs! I have a feeling I know where the offending dog lives, but I cannot be sure so I won’t say anything. But geez, this is frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

YEP!!! We do not have a fenced yard, but the rest is the same! We always clean up after our pup when he does his business, however, almost daily I find poop in our yard! All of the other neighborhood dogs are "free range". They are wonderfully sweet pups, but I can never really trust the kids to not step in something in the yard! It is SO FRUSRATING, especially since we are so diligent with our pup! Our neighbors are wonderful and the dogs are fine, I just get frustrated with the "piles"!

I would be looking into ways to stake that fence to the ground so the dog can't get in. They can be sneaky and territorial that way!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Chicken wire and zip ties. Close that gap. I got out once a month and make sure my fence in fully functioning to keep dogs out. I still have bear and deer and other things, but those are rare, I don't want to clean up any other dog doo than mine.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have any spare bricks or concrete pavers that you can use to block the entrance?
    K

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    Chicken wire and zip ties. Close that gap. I got out once a month and make sure my fence in fully functioning to keep dogs out. I still have bear and deer and other things, but those are rare, I don't want to clean up any other dog doo than mine.
    i'm sorry, now I'm imagining having to clean up bear poop and thinking that I'm lucky. Thank you for putting my inconvenience in perspective!