jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Any favorite air bnbs or hotels in Chicago?

Looking at taking a trip with extended family this summer. We figure we’ll stay in hotels but wondering if anyone has any favorites to recommend. We’re planning to see two baseball games at both parks. What else should we see? Mixed ages - kids 13, 11, 10, 8 - adults including a 75 yo that can’t handle too many stairs. Can we manage without a car? We’re a big zoo family. Can we get to the zoo without a car? Thanks!!
    Last edited by jgenie; 03-09-2018 at 06:31 PM.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Which zoo? Lincoln Park, then yes, just Uber. I'd for sure look at Airbnb, post here when you get a few listings as to neighborhoods.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Chicago hotels get pricey in the summer, I'm not clear how many rooms you're looking at. I do agree that an airbnb may be the best bet, especially for a large group. As far as hotels go, we really love the Kimptons but they're not ideal as family hotels as they're pretty small, no pool, etc. When we bring the kids we usually wind up at the Omni, Embassy Suites, or the Palmer House.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you can get a good price, the Homewood Suites on Ohio/Grand is pretty good, big rooms with a kitchen (there's a grocery store and Trader Joe's nearby to get snacks and drinks), a great hot breakfast, pool and ideally situated close to the Red line and walking distance to a lot of the sights or an easy Uber. Use the Spot hero App, though to park your car where ever in the city, as hotel parking is insane!