Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There’s some type of proprietary mesh - perhaps it’s metal - component in the straps so someone would have to work really really hard to slice the strap, if at all. The PacSafe website does a great job of showcasing all the anti-theft features in each bag or pack. Anti-theft is their entire brand niche so if a feature is not impossible to defeat, then surely it would take a little more time and effort and hence deter thieves to move on to another target.
    DS 2014

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    We are heading to the UK this summer. Is this necessary? Hadn’t even crossed my mind to get a theft proof bag and don’t know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never left unsafe - either in London or out in the countryside. But I do try not to look like a tourist if I can help it, anywhere that I travel. I pack my bag more carefully, meaning things like I don't carry more cash than necessary for the day with me nor my bank/credit cards or passport, because they'd be a pain to replace overseas. We keep those in the hotel safe. I carry a cross-body bag that zips closed securely for peace of mind.

In the UK, I also usually travel with a reusable shopping bag, to throw an umbrella in. Shops in the UK don't give plastic bags for free, so it's handy if I buy something during the day, as well. So far, no one has tried to sneak into my less secure bag
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had both Pacsafe and Travelon bags and like them both. I used them in Paris and Italy and liked the extra security features in places like crowded subways. We watched pickpocket groups actively targeting tourists inside churches in Italy and on subways in France. Most models have anti slash straps and a mesh inside.

I would not do a standard backpack in high pickpocket areas but might consider something like this where you can wear it under your arm when needed. I have this one and like it a lot but the zipper clips are kinda tight. That's great for preventing theft but kinda a pain to use. https://www.ebags.com/product/travel...uctid=10359755

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Interesting—I particularly like the looks of another Travelon bag, but haven’t seen it in person:
    https://www.ebags.com/product/travel...uctid=10311803

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

FYI, I saw some PacSafe bags/backpacks at my local Costco.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Interesting—I particularly like the looks of another Travelon bag, but haven’t seen it in person:
    https://www.ebags.com/product/travel...uctid=10311803

I actually ended up buying this one on Amazon for $35 after seeing some Travelon bags this past week while on vacation. Looking forward to playing around with it later today...see what will comfortably fit in it. Thank you!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 94bruin View Post
    FYI, I saw some PacSafe bags/backpacks at my local Costco.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    Interesting...will look into these.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Interesting...will look into these.
    It might be a special event? https://m.costco.com/pacsafe-schedule.html

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    We are heading to the UK this summer. Is this necessary? Hadn’t even crossed my mind to get a theft proof bag and don’t know what to look for.

When my kids were younger and needed more stuff to stash, I used a messenger style bag. But when in Paris or Italy I decided to use my handbags and totes that I would use here and not look as frumpy. Trusty and hardy LV tote and simple black leather cross body Fendi bag. Designer but simple. I wouldn’t buy a “travel” bag unless going someplace worrisome if you have a large enough handbag or great tote you love already.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Zukini View Post
    There’s some type of proprietary mesh - perhaps it’s metal - component in the straps so someone would have to work really really hard to slice the strap, if at all. The PacSafe website does a great job of showcasing all the anti-theft features in each bag or pack. Anti-theft is their entire brand niche so if a feature is not impossible to defeat, then surely it would take a little more time and effort and hence deter thieves to move on to another target.
    I’ve been needing to replace my travel wallet (not well designed and way too much Velcro). This thread prompted me to look more closely at the Pacsafe wallets at REI and Sierra Trading Post. Nice variety of styles, RFID shielding, unobtrusive anti-theft features.

I ordered this one for travel (https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...r-black-womens) and a smaller one (https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...-wallet-womens) for when I just need a small wristlet type wallet. They also have other styles that accommodate passports, but I no longer travel anywhere interesting...

They just arrived, and look very well designed and good quality. In case anyone is looking for a wallet to go with their anti-theft bag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2