Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default First time to WDW!

We are thinking of taking our 3 kids (9,7,4) to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. Plan is to fly there Saturday, spend 5 nights, and then drive to my parents on the coast for Thanksgiving.

We are definitely not go go go people. Would love a resort with a great pool that the kids can enjoy after a morning in the park. We would love a kids club so we can get a break. We like nice hotels - tend to stay in four seasons level places. i would love to stay at the 4 seasons but we would need to get 2 rooms which adds up with the park tickets.

What resort would you recommend?

ETA: It's between Poly and Animal Kingdom as they both have kids club. Given that what would you recommend?
    Last edited by theriviera; 03-10-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

The 3 kids clubs that are left will be closing - their last day is July 31st. https://www.google.com/amp/www.wdwin...e-july-31/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    The 3 kids clubs that are left will be closing - their last day is July 31st. https://www.google.com/amp/www.wdwin...e-july-31/amp/

That stinks!!!

Mama to 3 awesome kids

We stayed at Beach club resort which is the sister resort of the Yacht resort. It’s located at Epcot park. We’re like you, not complete go go go at parks and prefer good amount of downtime with pool and downtown areas.

The beach club got the best pool on the deluxe level, imo. It’s sand covered at bottom of the pools, steps away to the man made beach for beach movie nights. Your kids are at right ages to enjoy a non monorail resort though, if that is a consideration for you.

We’re planning on staying at the Poly for our next visit within a year. Heard it’s a great resort, even though no personal experience yet.

A girlfriend of mine loved animal kingdom she stayed at last year with her kids and sister kids. Mentioned if your kids are really really into animals and the like, it’s a great resort but far though to the parks. They had a rental which helped I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would also add the Beach or Yacht Club to your list. I’d prefer those over Poly or AK.

Will definitely add beach and yacht club to the list.

Mama to 3 awesome kids

We stayed at boardwalk last year. Kids were 11,9,6 and 4. One kid stayed in a room w friends and our room had a pull down bed. Loved the location and we walked to Epcot and HS.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We're also big fans of Boardwalk. Stayed there 2 years ago and will be staying there again next month. We like being close to Epcot and within walking distance to various restaurants and the yummy bakery.

That said, there's going to be a new Pixar themed childcare program at the Contemporary starting next month: https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/new-pixar-...porary-resort/. We've stayed at the Contemporary before and got a fantastic discount because DH had a conference there, but we wouldn't go back, I think. The monorail convenience is nice, but otherwise it always seemed super busy to me with Chef Mickey being there.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

If the Contemporary has a kid’s club, I recommend it. I never use the pools, but the Contemporary is walking distance to the Magic Kingdom, which made it sooooo easy to go back and forth whenever we wanted. For everything else, it’s on the monorail line. If you know you’ll mostly take the monorail, stay at the Poly and get one of the houses on the water and close to the TTC. Then walk to the TTC for the monorail and busses. It cuts out that extra TTC stop.

I think the AK lodge (I’ve only seen the lobby, not the rooms) is a nicer lobby than the Poly, and the animals are a real draw, but it’s far away from everything except AK, and you’ll lose a lot of time having to wait for busses back and forth from everywhere.

If you do decide to stay at the Four Seasons, please let us know how it was! I’m sorely tempted to stay there one of these WDW visits!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We stayed at the Poly and loved it. I would stay there again if we went back.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast